1. Are you a current Office of Planning & Informatics/Office of Business Informatics Federal employee serving in a permanent, career or career conditional, competitive position OR a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)?
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the vacancy announcement for additional information and instructions.
2. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education related to the basic requirements for the GS-1515, Operations Research series.A. I have a bachelor's degree in operations research; or have at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus (Must provide transcript at time of application submission).
3. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education and/or experience related to the basic requirements for the GS-1520, Mathematics.A. I have a bachelor's degree in mathematics; or the equivalent of a major that included at least 24 semester hours in mathematics (Must provide transcript(s) at time of application submission).
4. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education and/or experience related to the basic requirements for the GS-1529, Mathematic Statistician.A. I have a bachelor's degree that included 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, of which at least 12 semester hours were in mathematics and 6 semester hours were in statistics (Must provide transcript(s) at time of application submission).
5. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education and/or experience related to the basic requirements for the GS-1530, Statistician.A. A bachelor's degree that included 15 semester hours in statistics (or in mathematics and statistics, provided at least 6 semester hours were in statistics), and 9 additional semester hours in one or more of the following: physical or biological sciences, medicine, education, or engineering; or in the social sciences including demography, history, economics, social welfare, geography, international relations, social or cultural anthropology, health sociology, political science, public administration, psychology, etc. Credit toward meeting statistical course requirements should be given for courses in which 50 percent of the course content appears to be statistical methods, e.g., courses that included studies in research methods in psychology or economics such as tests and measurements or business cycles, or courses in methods of processing mass statistical data such as tabulating methods or electronic data processing (Must provide transcript(s) at time of application submission).
6. Please choose the best response that indicates that you meet the specialized experience requirement for the Interdisciplinary Scientist position.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 in the Federal service, that included: designing comprehensive studies to evaluate a business operation's productivity, cost estimation, and workload(s); providing technical and strategic information on the development and implementation of models and analysis activities related to health services; and leading projects.
Instructions: In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Map out organizational structures to analyze business processes.
8. Use lean management/six sigma tool set concepts to improve work processes.
9. Evaluate findings from analytical studies to anticipate changes in supply demands.
10. Drive business transformation by recommending solutions to business operation issues.
11. Research problem solving techniques to keep abreast of current trends in operations research analysis.
12. Conduct analytical studies of business operational issues to identify root causes.
13. Monitor the quality and/or responsiveness of services that are provided to end users based on established measurement criteria.
14. Design comprehensive studies to support recommended changes in business operations.
15. Design and implement analytical studies to evaluate productivity levels.
16. Lead the portfolio management process for a business unit.
17. Evaluate business necessities to develop the scope of project proposals.
18. Plan and track milestones of a project to ensure project objectives are met.
19. Prioritize project requirements to direct the work of other team members.
20. Recommend changes in business processes to senior management that supports long-term strategic goals.
21. Present findings from analytical studies to senior management.
22. Negotiate proposed changes to specific operational/mission goals with senior management.
23. Keep management abreast of project status.