Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Please review the description below and select the most appropriate category (you must choose one):
Choose 001 - Competitive Referral: This applies to the following candidates:
Choose 002-Non-Competitive Referral: This applies to the following candidates:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please answer yes or no to statement numbers below. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the GS-343-12/13 Management Analyst position.
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or above in the Federal Service as of the closing date of the announcement. Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the work of the position. Please refer to the vacancy announcement for examples of specialized experience.A. Yes
2. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or above in the Federal Service as of the closing date of the announcement. Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the work of the position. Please refer to the vacancy announcement for examples of specialized experience.A. Yes
Please answer yes or no to statement numbers below. Your response will determine if you meet the time in grade requirement.
3. I have 52 weeks at the GS-11 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the announcement closing date.
4. I have 52 weeks at the GS-12 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the announcement closing date.
Your response to statement number below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
5. Please select the appropriate response from the list below. Select only one answer.
Please respond yes or no to the statement below. Your response will determine if you meet the area of consideration for this position.
6. I am a current employee of the Food and Drug Administration, Office of Regulatory Affairs OR I am a current FDA/ORA Commissioned Corps Officer.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Analyze and evaluate the management practices and methods, and administrative operations of substantive organizations and complex functions.
8. Identify best practices and advise organizational leadership on how they could be adopted throughout the organization.
9. Identify and analyze issues, problems, and challenges facing the organizations formulates and evaluate possible courses of action for resolving them; draw conclusions based on relevant facts; and recommend solutions to organizational leadership.
10. Provide analysis and evaluation of work processes and policies, management practices and work operations taking into full consideration, programmatic and management issues and problems.
11. Design and conduct time sensitive analytical and evaluative studies of administrative management systems, resource utilization, and decision-making studies.
12. Review and evaluate managerial policies and procedure to determine gaps where additional guidance is needed and analyzes the impact of new or proposed legislation on agency operations.
13. Demonstrate knowledge of budgeting and acquisition process for grants and contracts.
14. Demonstrate knowledge of processes for developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating state contracts and grants on a nationwide basis and the processes for preparing contract and grant specification.
15. Coordinate activities with other Headquarters/field offices and Centers as well as other offices.
16. Serve as the focal point within the Agency to whom personnel turn for authoritative information on the Federal state funding initiatives such as contracts and grants that are his/her responsibility.
17. Keep management apprised of the effectiveness of funding mechanisms such as state contracts and grants and when necessary, develop recommendations for high level decisions relating funding mechanisms to support federal-state relations such as contract and grant programs.
18. Serve as office contact on matters pertaining to budgeting for federal-state initiatives such as contracts and grants.
19. Provide guidance, consultation and interpretation of the Agency's policies and programs with program managers in State agencies to ensure complete coordination between the programs such as contracts/grants with other cooperative Federal State programs.
20. Formulate and recommend additional policies and procedures or modifications to existing guidance to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of managerial operations.
21. Advise managers and program officials on policies and procedures including actions to be taken to accomplish work in accordance with established requirements.
22. Demonstrate knowledge of FDA policy on contract and grants programs with state agencies that will assist FDA in carrying out its mission and consumer operations ensuring that these programs are properly interfaced with FDA programs and compliance activities.
23. Prepare comprehensive reports, summaries and statistical data related to federal state initiatives such as contracts and grants for the Agency, state and other requests taking into consideration such factors as actual accomplishments versus established goals, adequacy of existing versus new programs, and costs incurred in the conduct of the program.
24. Develop innovative strategies to increase federal-state relationships to support increased integration.
25. Interpret policy and establishes deadlines to ensure objectives of projects are met.