If you are ICTAP/CTAP eligible, select the answer that best describes your eligibility. You must provide proof of your eligibility in order to be considered. Failure to provide the required documents will result in disqualification.
If you have never worked for the federal government, you are not ICTAP/CTAP eligible. Please leave this section blank.
Thank you for your interest in completing the online questionnaire for the position of Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor. Your responses to this online application will be evaluated in making preliminary screening decisions for the position. Once you click FINISH and SUBMIT in this section, you will not be able to modify your responses. If you are not able to complete the online questionnaire in one session or you need to leave this section to verify information, please save, LOG OUT and RETURN to your online application prior to the closing date. After you type your social security number and last name in the spaces provided, the first page of your application will appear and the data you saved will be displayed. Please note that failure to respond to the following questions will result in your being rated ineligible.
WARNING: Please ensure your resume clearly supports your responses to the questions by addressing experience and education relevant to this position and cross-referencing your responses to jobs/activities described in your resume. If you exaggerate or falsify your experience and/or education, you may be removed from consideration.
This position is covered by a single agency qualification standard, VA Handbook 5005/6, part II, appendix F2, dated June 3, 2004.
NOTE: SUBSTITUTION OF WORK EXPERIENCE ONLY APPLIES TO THE INTERNSHIP REQUIREMENT. IT DOES NOT REPLACE OR SUBSTITUTE THE BASIC EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT OF A MASTER'S DEGREE.
[NOTE: If one year of work experience is credited for determining minimum qualifications, that year cannot also be used for determining grade level. For example, for candidates with two years of qualifying work experience, but no internship/practicum, the first year of experience is used to meet the basic requirement and the second year of experience to qualify for GS-11.]
Graduate Level Transcripts are REQUIRED.
1. From the descriptions below, please select a response that best describes the level of education you fully possess that demonstrates you meet the basic educational requirement for the position of Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor. Please select only one response.
2. From the descriptions below, please select a response that best reflects your completion of a supervised internship or one year of work experience directly in an adult rehabilitation program. Please select only one response.
3. From the descriptions below, please select a response that best describes the level of education and experience you fully possess that demonstrates your ability and qualifications to perform the work of Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor at the GS-11 grade level. Please select only one response.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Manages vocational rehabilitation counseling and case management workload involving persons with a wide variety of conditions.
5. Makes vocational rehabilitation eligibility determinations, assessments using a variety of resources; referral and networking skills, and knowledge of job markets and job placement.
6. Develops a vocational rehabilitation plan to eliminate or resolve impediments to employment.
7. Plans, manages, and evaluates organizational skills and time management
8. Consolidates information from diagnostic testing and medical records, and presents an overall picture of strengths, limitations, capabilities, and interests to assist individuals in developing a better understanding of the disability and its effect on their life and employment opportunities.
9. Identifies physical, emotional, intellectual, personal adjustment, or other factors that may interfere with training by analyzing data about the veteran.
10. Estimates potential to achieve a vocational goal to begin preparation of a rehabilitation plan by assessing all veterans data.
11. Demonstrates an understanding of psychometric evaluations, neuro-psychological evaluations, orthopedic evaluations, and magnetic resonance imaging testing to provide a diagnosis of the disability.
12. Selects, administers, and interprets psychometric tests needed to provide information regarding clients interests, aptitudes, abilities, functional capacities, and transferable skills.
13. Complete case narratives to document client meeting via written correspondence or computer files.
14. Prepare written correspondence explaining decision, rationale, and appeal rights.
15. Prepare Individual Written Rehabilitation Plans, Individual Employment Assistance Plans, Individual Extended Evaluation Plans and Individual Independent Living Plans (IWRP, IEAP, IEEP, IILP) to eliminate or resolve impediments to employment.
16. Prepare administrative reports, feeder reports, or other reporting requirements to determine the effectiveness and efficiency of a vocational rehabilitation program's services.
17. Prepare letters and/or other written communication to help train facilities, clients/veterans and other stakeholders about assisting individuals with disabilities obtain employment.
18. Meet with clients and/or their representative to discuss program eligibility.
19. Deliver group and individual counseling sessions.
20. Conduct presentations to include charts, slides, graphs for groups, committees, and clients to educate on the employment of the disabled.
21. Conduct intake interviews.
22. Utilize special techniques such as role-playing to help client develop interviewing skills and style.
23. Provide counseling services in differing environments.
24. Coordinate assignments for project team members based on factors such as their project interests, strengths and competing workloads.
25. Consult with physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other medical/psychological providers to obtain objective documentation regarding rehabilitation services.
26. Develop an extensive network of job placement contacts as well as an understanding of local labor market issues.
27. Coordinate referral to other agencies and training programs.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Certification of Information Accuracy
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
28. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.