Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience and/or education?A. I have successfully completed the requirements for a Master's degree or 2 full years of graduate education leading to such a degree in any field or a J.D. or L.L.B. degree in an appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Determine the scope and nature of actions needed to resolve customer service issues and inquiries.
4. Act as the main liaison with other departments and organizations.
5. Conduct reviews, audits and other studies for management.
6. Set goals, priorities and time-lines with others to ensure all project goals and deadlines are met.
7. Give verbal presentations at department briefings.
8. Write detailed reports and draft documents covering complex technical information including policies, training manuals, conference materials and management reports.
9. Communicate program objectives, developments and changes to varying audiences.
10. Collect, compile, and coordinate submitted information for reports.
11. Provide technical assistance and support to management in a variety of matters relating to the application of planning systems.
12. Use Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, to prepare final reports, briefings, presentations, and databases for supervisors or management.
13. Properly manage sensitive information.
14. Analyze data to identify problems, significant factors, and trends to assist in decision-making.
15. Use qualitative and quantitative methods for statistical research.
16. Research and analyze data to make recommendations to programs.
17. Assist in the preparation and analysis of statistical information.
18. Plan, design and carry out programs, major projects and studies.
19. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.