Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
The following questions will only be used to determine whether you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. Choose the one answer that best describes your education and/or experience for this position:
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level of Federal service performing the following duties related to the position of Executive Assistant: managing the administrative support operations of a senior executive or agency official in a large and diverse organization; responsible for promoting efficiency and effectiveness in the administration of programs and operations; provide complex calendar management; creating, editing and managing written and oral communications received from subordinate units within the organization; provide advise and guidance to junior administrative staff within the organization; exercise diplomacy, tact and poise in dealing with senior level government and non-governmental officials.
2. Are you a current Federal competitive status employee working with the Food and Drug Adnministration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Office of Compliance serving on a career/conditional appointment?
Choose a method of consideration Please select one choice from the following; The specialty code(s) for this position are 001 and 002. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select both codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
3. 001 - Competitive merit promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service), and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service).
4. 002 - Non competitive merit promotion. This includes applicants who are eligible for special or non-competitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, and persons with disabilities. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a federal position at the grade of this position.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
5. Provide direction, guidance, and instruction to co-workers and/or other support staff on administrative processes and procedures.
6. Provide recommendations and solutions to management to enhance the operation of organizational activities.
7. Translate management administrative requirements into actionable processes in order to efficiently perform and/or improve a variety of administrative tasks/functions.
8. Study program goals and objectives to see if current practices are consistent with agency/office policies.
9. Study and analyze administrative functions within assigned area making recommendations for streamlining processes and/or work products.
10. Suggest new studies as applicable in the work environment as program goals and needs change.
11. Gather information from employees and management for input.
12. Communicate updates on projects to Office Management and Senior Staff.
13. Present recommendations and persuade others who are or may be reluctant to change.
14. Develop new guidance/instructions and newly implemented processes or procedures.
15. Organize, outline, and guide others throughout processes.
16. Communicate findings in writing to managers and other office organizations.
17. Use software applications (MS Office Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) to create and generate and format reports, charts, and forms, spreadsheets, and other materials.