1. From the descriptions below, please select the one response that best describes how your experience and/or education meets the requirements for the Biological Science Technician, and/or Biological Science Laboratory Technician, and/or Agricultural Science Research Technician at the GS-5 grade level. Read all responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY 1 RESPONSE. IF YOU SELECT MORE THAN ONE RESPONSE OR LEAVE THE QUESTION BLANK YOU WILL BE RATED INELIGIBLE. NOTE: Your application materials must support your responses to the following questionnaire.A. I have at least one year (12-months) of full-time specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service performing the following duties: under minimal supervision, assisting in one or more phases of research process by performing a variety of standardized or routine duties in a laboratory, field, or greenhouse environment; using a variety of equipment to record instrument readings, collect samples, and take measurements; maintaining, calibrating, and modifying equipment and automated systems used for test and evaluation procedures; and keeping detailed records and maintaining an inventory of chemical and biological materials.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Assist in one or more phases of research process by performing a variety of standardized or routine duties in a laboratory, field, or greenhouse environment
3. Manage an inventory of chemicals, stock solutions, and biological materials to prepare solutions and reagents for use in a laboratory, field, or greenhouse setting.
4. Dispose of waste material (both chemical and biological) according to rules and regulations.
5. Interpret variables, trends, correlations, and interrelationships among samples, data, and conditions.
6. Initiate action to resolve or correct technical research difficulties and/or results.
7. Follow detailed sampling and laboratory procedures to ensure compliance with quality control/quality assurance guidelines.
8. Adapt, modify or develop new techniques and/or procedures to satisfy the needs of the research project.
9. Research literature pertinent to area of research for new procedures or techniques to use in the laboratory, field, or greenhouse.
10. Test new research techniques and/or procedures to determine viability of use.
11. Use computers and software packages to tabulate, statistically analyze and summarize research data.
12. Interpret variables, trends, correlations, and interrelationships among research data and conditions.
13. Transcribe research data from forms or devices into a computerized database.
14. Input and display scientific and/or technical data into spreadsheet software (e.g. Excel).
15. Enter, maintain, and modify biological data in computer databases (e.g. Access).
16. Utilize specialized equipment (i.e. balances, autoclaves, homogenizers, spectrophotometers, etc.) to conduct molecular biology research experiments.
17. Calibrate and modify equipment and automated systems used for test and evaluation procedures.
18. Use specialized equipment to gather observable, empirical and measurable evidence.
19. Maintain laboratory instruments and equipment such as balances, autoclaves, spectrophotometers, centrifuges, DNA sequencer, etc.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
20. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.