Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA)? (For information on VEOA appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
Please review the description below and select the most appropriate category (you must choose one):
Choose 001 - COMPETITIVE PROMOTION if you are:
- Current or former federal employee who has not held a position at the GS-12 grade level or equivalent on the permanent basis
- Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) eligible
Choose 002 - REASSIGNMENT/NON-COMPETITIVE if you are:
- Current or former federal employee who either is currently or has previously held a permanent position at the GS-12 grade level or above, or is/was in a trainee position at the GS-11 level with a promotion potential to the GS-12 or above.
- Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) eligible
- PHS Commissioned Corps Officer
- Schedule A eligible
- Displaced Federal employees eligible for special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP)
- Military Spouse
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
For statements 1-2 below, please select the response that best describes your experience and/or education. Select only one answer. You must respond to each question.
1. Your response to the question below will determine if you qualify for the position of Program Analyst, GS-11. If you meet more than one choice, select the response that describes the highest level of experience/education that you possess. You must fully meet the description in the response to select it.A. I have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal Service by the closing date of the announcement. Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the work of the position. Please refer to the vacancy announcement for examples of specialized experience.
2. Your response to the question below will determine if you qualify for the position of Program Analyst, GS-12. You must fully meet the description in the response to select it.A. I have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal Service by the closing date of the announcement. Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the work of the position. Please refer to the vacancy announcement for examples of specialized experience.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If applying using form OPM Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Perform regular and continuing assignments overseeing a national data system containing essential information used to support budget, staffing, and goal assignments of a district.
4. Plan and conduct program surveys and/or research on issues of moderate scope and impact to access the effectiveness of the operation.
5. Maintain continuous reviews ensuring that overall plans are carried out efficiently and effectively as possible.
6. Responsible for interpretation and application of the Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act and related industry practices and regulations to ensure accuracy and completeness of objectives.
7. Understand established operating policies and procedures, formulation and recommendation of plans to ensure establishment of goals, leadership, guidance and technical accomplishments.
8. Ensure applicable laws, guidance and policies are followed and implemented in accomplishing assigned tasks.
9. Formulate recommendations and opinions based on background and understanding of the organization's policies, regulations, procedures, past practices, and information contained in database.
10. Conduct studies of work processes and procedures identifying problems, reviewing production standards and making recommendation for problem solutions which may depart from established work operations.
11. Responsible for the overall accuracy of the regulatory information and data in the system ensuring the quality of the data in the database meets the needs of all users, nationwide and other interrelated systems.
12. Maintain a national database containing essential information key to the operation of the organization.
13. Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the program ensuring information contained in database is accurate and up to date.
14. Manage data in national database, analyzing current information and recommending enhancements to the informational system as deemed necessary.
15. Develop accurate and reliable reports required by management to assist in determining staffing, work plans, and budget strategy.
16. Develop accurate and reliable reports and guidance to assist in the successful operation of the organization.
17. Develop, recommend, and implement the operational policies and procedures designed to ensure accuracy of database.
18. Conduct training and give presentations on the content and usage of the information system ensuring quality of the system is maintained.
19. Serve as the liaison establishing and maintaining working relationships with the appropriate State and local government bodies and/or employees coordinating and gaining information as needed.
20. Participate in various work groups developing enhancements to the information system.