Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one response which best describes your experience which meet the Qualification Requirements for Deputy Director, GS-0301-15.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience providing staff leadership and direction by performing substantive activities related to the planning and development of enforcement strategy and prioritization of compliance actions.
In this section, you are asked to evaluate yourself on task items using the scale provided. When marking your ratings, please do not overstate or understate your level of experience or capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Do not give yourself credit for having performed tasks you have not performed. Additional steps in the selection process are designed to verify your stated level of experience and capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from employment with the organization.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Research and interpret the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to create policies and procedures for development of enforcement strategy and prioritization of compliance actions.
3. Recommend changes to policies and procedures to ensure timely development of enforcement strategy and prioritization of compliance actions.
4. Conduct research into legal precedents and legislative history of the laws enforced by a regulated industry.
5. Evaluate the impact of existing laws and new or revised legislation and regulations.
6. Formulate and evaluate organizational policies, objectives and long range plans.
7. Implement procedures to regularly inform management of programs, resources, problem situations and/or success.
8. Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with high level officials within a regulated industry and in other federal agencies.
9. Provide guidance and consultation to other offices on the laws and regulations enforced by a regulated industry.
10. Provide guidance and consultation to other regulated industry on the development of enforcement strategy and prioritization of compliance actions.
11. Make oral presentations to recommend changes to programs and procedures to management officials and major stakeholders within the organization at different levels to work on issues, goals and objectives.
12. Serve as agency representative in conferences, meetings and workshops with regulated industry, major stakeholders and other government agencies.
13. Make oral presentations on enforcement strategy and prioritization of compliance actions for high level officials and in other federal agencies.
14. Write a variety of legal documents that require research and analysis.
15. Develop written materials for presentation to high level officials and in other federal agencies.
16. Prepare recommendations to resolve complex legal or compliance issues.