Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. Please review the description below and select the method you wish to be considered for this position:
Choose 001 - Competitive Referral: This applies to the following candidates:
Choose 002 - Non-Competitive MP: This applies to the following candidates:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location codes for this position are:
Please answer yes or no to the statement below. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the Supervisory Consumer Safety Officer (Staff Director), GS-696-15 position.
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-14 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement.
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the basic qualification requirements for GS-0696, Consumer Safety Officer.A. I have a degree that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
Note: Submission of this electronic questionnaire is certification that all responses are true to the best of your knowledge. Materially false, fictitious or fraudulent statements or representations are subject to disciplinary action.
3. Make critical decisions in the development of food and feed compliance policy.
4. Provide expert advice and counsel concerning regulatory approaches and options that are sound in relation to Office goals and Federal budgetary realities.
5. Initiate decision-making processes and documents, and participate fully in discussions and decisions concerning plans, programs, and activities, both in strategic planning and in the actual determination, allocation, and administration of program functions and activities.
6. Develop and/or evaluate legislative proposals and develop associated policy for implementation.
7. Responsible for interpretation of industry practices and regulations ensuring accuracy and completeness of mission objectives.
8. Provide administrative and policy evaluation, advice and assistance to senior management of the Office in regard to management policies, programs and activities.
9. Develop and make recommendations for the enhancement and improvement of mission functions.
10. Develop and maintain effective communication with regulated industry, other Federal agencies, State, local and foreign governments, industry and professional organizations, public interest groups and the general public.
11. Develop, maintain and facilitate the implementation of sound integrated risk management approaches in food and feed policy development.
12. Make presentations at conferences and professional meetings on regulations and policies.
13. Make decisions on work problems presented by subordinate supervisors, team leaders, or similar personnel or by contractors.
14. Assign work to subordinates, evaluates performance and gives advice, counsel or instruction to employees on both work and administrative manners.
15. Oversee staff activities exercising a high degree of initiative and creative leadership making decisions and/or recommendations with have a direct substantial effect on the organization.