Thank you for your interest in the Supervisory Public Health Analyst, GS-0685-14 position at our agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the Minimum Education requirements for the Supervisory Public Health Analyst position as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment. Please respond yes or no to the following questions. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated. Failure to provide the required documents WILL render you not eligible for consideration.
1. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Employee – I am a current and permanent Title 5 National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases employee.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent competitive career or career conditional Standard Form-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis. You may obtain a copy of your SF-50 from the eOPF Page.A. Yes
2. Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position within the Department of Health and Human Services in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are considered well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record. For more information on CTAP, please visit OPM's The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page .A. Yes
For the following question, please indicate YES or NO to best describe your experience.
1. Have you served as a first line supervisor or manager?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop and implement performance evaluation plans for subordinate employees.
3. Recommend or approve rewards and/or disciplinary actions.
4. Provide technical guidance to functional staff.
5. Plan work assignments for team members.
6. Resolve conflicts, differences, or problems among team members.
7. Review completed work for technical adequacy.
8. Establish goals, milestones, and expectations for a group.
9. Develop and implement strategic planning team initiatives.
10. Develop and implement results management team initiatives.
11. Develop and implement quality improvement team initiatives.
12. Develop policies and procedures to meet the goals of an organization.
13. Develop and implement organizational contingency plans to ensure the continuity of operations in emergency situations.
14. Develop and implement change management initiatives.
15. Implement business process re-engineering activities.
16. Plan and administer legislative affairs and Congressional liaison activities for an organization.
17. Coordinate legislative and Congressional activities with other offices.
18. Integrate legislative and Congressional activities with organizational plans and programs.
19. Develop plans and recommendations for evaluating and improving legislative affairs functions.
20. Provide guidance and assistance to program staff in obtaining legislative and Congressional documents and information.
21. Provide technical advice and guidance to management officials on legislative and Congressional issues or proposals.
22. Attend Congressional hearings and meetings to obtain and document information on legislation affecting organizational programs and issues.
23. Interact with legislative and Congressional staff to obtain and provide information regarding organizational programs and issues.
24. Analyze legislation and legislative proposals to determine the impact on public health and biomedical research programs.
25. Analyze technical information pertaining to public health and scientific research programs.
26. Interpret legislative reports and policies.
27. Research sources of legislative or Congressional information to obtain accurate and current information.
28. Develop and present analyses of legislative proposals.
29. Monitor and research legislative developments to maintain awareness of potential impacts on organizational programs and activities.
30. Gather and organize information related to public health issues and research programs.
31. Write reports of findings and recommendations pertaining to legislative developments.
32. Write comments on proposed legislation.
33. Review and edit comments on proposed legislation.
34. Present briefings and proposals to senior level officials.
35. Develop briefing materials for senior officials and staff to present at meetings.
36. Translate technical or scientific material into language that is easily understood by target audiences.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
37. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.