1. From the descriptions below, please choose the best response that demonstrates your education and/or experience in order to qualify at the GS-13 grade level:A. I have a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree, obtained at a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA) AND one year of progressively responsible professional veterinary experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, that included conducting research in the prevention and control of diseases which constitute a hazard to other animal species and to man; undertaking regulatory issues and international standards related to food safety principles and theories; preparing medical reports in professional journals or publications; and participation in lectures/seminars before professional groups.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Ensure compliance of regulatory policies and procedures related to gelatin and collagen certification.
3. Write correspondence in response to inquiries regarding the certification of gelatin and collagen products.
4. Write correspondence in response to inquiries regarding regulated meat and animal derived products.
5. Ensure compliance of regulatory policies and procedures related to meat and animal derived products.
6. Identify areas needing further study in regulated meat and animal derived products and technology.
7. Keep abreast of scientific developments in food safety of the regulated commoditieis.
8. Analyze and resolve controversial regulations and/or international food safety standards.
9. Collaborate with industries, consumer groups, and other organizations to resolve issues in the area of food safety.
10. Conduct research into legal precedents and legislative history related to food product safety issues.
11. Provide advice on the issues regarding food safety policies and procedures.
12. Make presentations before professional groups at national or international seminars.
13. Contact industries, consumer groups, and other professional organizations involved in food safety programs.
14. Use veterinary expertise to recommend decisions in cases of disputes or difficult situations or problems;
15. Revise current and/or develop future veterinary related policies or programs.
16. Draft comments on proposed international standards.
17. Write position papers and briefing materials for use at professional seminars or lectures.