Thank you for your interest in the Product Development Project Manager (GS-601-13) position at our agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Do you possess a degree in a major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position?A. Yes
2. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for a Product Development Project Manager, GS-0601-13 position as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I possess at least one year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal Government obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: resolving complex problems relevant to product development activities; coordinating project efforts for a research or product development team; managing scientific projects using computer-based programs; performing research using methodologies related to infectious disease.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment. Please respond yes or no to the following questions. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated. Failure to provide the required documents WILL render you not eligible for consideration.
1. National Institutes of Health (NIH) Employee – I am a current and permanent Title 5 National Institutes of Health employee.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent competitive career or career conditional Standard Form-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis. You may obtain a copy of your SF-50 from the eOPF Page.A. Yes
2. Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position within the Department of Health and Human Services in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are considered well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record. For more information on CTAP, please visit OPM's The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page .A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
1. Develop timelines for research or product development projects.
2. Conduct scientific research or public health product development.
3. Analyze current microbiology/infectious disease research or product development methodologies.
4. Organize microbiology or infectious disease research projects.
5. Design a product development research project.
6. Evaluate a product development research program.
7. Analyze data associated with a scientific research or public health product development project.
8. Utilize computer-based programs to manage data-tracking for scientific research projects.
9. Review and evaluate technical reports or documents.
10. Develop and implement multiple product development projects requiring organizational skills or multi-tasking capability.
11. Monitor and evaluate a variety of activities relevant to research or product development projects.
12. Collaborate with outside individuals or organization to accomplish specific tasks.
13. Identify, analyze, and resolve project problems in concert with other team members.
14. Develop scientific or technical presentations.
15. Write scientific or technical reports.
16. Compose technical reports for a non-scientific audience.
17. Develop summaries, reports of site visit findings, or minutes of meetings involving discussions of scientific issues or activities.
18. Develop synopses based on literature searches in defined technical areas.
19. Present scientific or technical information, analyses, and proposals to various audiences.
20. Present research and product development related information at technical or scientific meetings.
21. Provide research and technical information to a broad range of scientific staff members.
22. Conduct verbal negotiations associated with research or product development project timelines, activities, or goals.
23. Synthesize results of technical studies for presentation to senior staff.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
24. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.