Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
FOR ALL GRADES:
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
1. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?
2. Are you a United States citizen?A. Yes
3. Do you possess a doctoral degree in psychology from an accredited college or university whose curriculum in psychology was accredited at the time of your graduation by the American Psychological Association (APA)?A. Yes
4. Did you complete a one-year professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA)?
Exceptions: (1) new VHA psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement.A. Yes. I have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program accredited by the APA.
5. Do you possess at least one year of postdoctoral experience as a professional psychologist equivalent to at least the GS-11 level which demonstrates possession of the following knowledge, skills and abilities: Knowledge of, and ability to apply, a wide range of professional psychological theories and assessment methods to a variety of patient populations; ability to develop coherent treatment strategies, and; ability to incorporate new clinical procedures?A. YES
6. Do you possess two full years (104 weeks) of postdoctoral experience as a professional psychologist , of which one year is equivalent to at least the GS-12 level which demonstrates possession of the following knowledge, skills and abilities: Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations, particularly in additions; ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health;, and knowledge of clinical research literature?A. Yes
Please answer the questions below related to licensure.
7. Do you possess a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia?
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
8. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001)+ADs- my eligibilities may be cancelled+ADs- I may be denied an appointment+ADs- or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding +ACI-No+ACI- or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.