Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level serving in a team leader or supervisory role responsible for systems development initiatives; overseeing delivery of systems using an established Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC); applying agile approaches for rapid system development and delivery of business functionality; providing technical requirements and descriptions of the work to be accomplished; assessing new systems design methodologies to improve software quality; and reviewing the impact of new systems design policies on the systems design process.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.
3. Provide hands-on leadership, planning, execution and oversight for an Information Technology organization/unit and /or Division.
4. Manage an annual budget in excess of $1 million for major information technology program area.
5. Perform and define metrics for enterprise application development initiatives in a complex, agile environment.
6. Motivate people to accomplish work through technical directions and administrative oversight of others such as coaching, mentoring, team building, problem solving, and change management.
7. Initiate and sustain customer outreach to protectively manage sources by ensuring information technology programs are integrated into the business community.
8. Hands-on leadership implementing service oriented architectures (SOA) centered on an Enterprise Service Business (ESB).
9. Articulate orally and in writing to individuals, groups, taking into account the audience and nature of the information conveyed.
10. Present briefings; make clear and convincing presentations to senior managers, as well as a variety of audiences.
11. Prepare clear and concise written materials including briefing packages, correspondence, guidance documents, and informational documents on highly technical information.
12. Provide management oversight to subordinate information technology program managers within an organization.
13. Foresees potential problems and errors that may occur in the information technology environment to minimize the impact on mission operations.
14. Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments for system development projects.
15. Deliver multiple application development initiatives in an agile environment.
16. Use of formal Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), quality assurance (QA), project management and other related disciplines/processes.
17. Use life cycle phases of information systems integration such as requirements definition, analysis of alternatives, design and development, operations, maintenance and sustenance to achieve an end-to-end information delivery.
18. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.