Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 09.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
The following question will only be used to determine whether you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position.
1. From the descriptions below, choose the one answer that best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for the Budget Analyst, GS 560-9 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade in the normal line of progression for the occupation, such as assisting budget analyst or similar position in monitoring and tracking a budget; assembling a portion of the justification material for budget presentation; providing input in the analysis of current spending and projected estimates and providing results to management.
2. From the descriptions below, choose the one answer that best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for the Budget Analyst, GS 560-11 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 level of Federal service as a Budget Analyst or similar position performing the following types of tasks: monitoring and tracking a budget; preparing and assembling a portion of the justification material for budget presentation; analyzing current spending and projected estimates and providing results to management.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Assures that obligations incurred and resulting expenditure of funds are in accordance with pertinent laws and regulations.
4. Provides support to managers and program staff in the budget formulation process by researching and compiling data to assist in the development of budget estimates and justification and to identify the cost of operations.
5. Reviews office budget submissions and obligating documents for reasonableness accuracy, and conformance with procedures and guidelines.
6. Maintains complex databases, register, and other accounting/tracking systems to monitor and track obligations expenditures, and the flow of funds.
7. Recommends reprogramming and adjustments to work plans to account for changes in funding levels, program priorities, and unanticipated expenses.
8. Performs regular analysis of obligations and expenditures to ensure required limitations are observed, to identify cost trends, and to assist in the development and allocations of funds.
9. Contributes to larger, more complex reporting requirements by communicating with officials within and outside the immediate office to plan, coordinate or conduct budget assignments and to resolve problems.
10. Interprets directives and circulars and provide information and advice to program managers and program staff on routine financial management issues.
11. Identifies potential issues and provides recommendations for resolution of budgetary problems.
12. Prepares reoccurring and special reports and presentation materials that document and explain that status of funds, expenses, and obligations.
13. Works with managers in the development of annual work plans and schedules for the execution of approved budgets.
14. Monitors, reviews and reconciles commitments, obligations and reimbursable orders for assigned program.
Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Please review your responses to this questionnaire to ensure their accuracy. Failure to respond to this question will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.
15. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.A. Yes