Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. To be considered for employment under the Pathways Program for this position, applicants must be recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution, OR veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree due to military service obligation, who have as much as six years after degree completion to apply. Read all responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these eligibility requirements, you will not receive consideration for this position.A. I have graduated within the previous two years from an academic program leading to a Bachelor's or higher degree in Business, Contract Management, Social Science, or other closely related field of study.
2. From the descriptions below, select one response that best describes how your background meets the specialized experience or education requirements for a Student Trainee (Grants Management Specialist), GS-1199-09 position. Read all responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank, you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these specialized experience requirements, you will be considered not qualified and will not receive consideration for this position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to successfully perform the duties of this position. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include duties such as: serving as a business consultant or specialist; oversee nonprofit or commercial partner operations; assist in development of business or strategic plans; assist in development of business agreements.
KSA-1. Knowledge of the principles, techniques and procedures for grants and agreements administration.
For the questions below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The questions were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position.
Be sure to describe your experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
3. Apply policies, requirements and procedures to grants, agreements, or related business programs.
4. Apply Federal Financial Assistance policies and procedures for specific programs.
5. Prepare reports, evaluations, and recommendations for grants, agreements or related business programs.
6. Analyze financial assistance laws and regulations related to grant or agreement actions.
7. Interpret and apply policies, procedures and federal regulations pertaining to Federal Financial Assistance actions.
8. Explain the application of laws, regulations, precedents, and practices covering one or more types of legal instruments.
KSA-2. Ability to prepare and review technical documents.
9. Examine business documents such as contracts or grant/financial assistance applications for completeness.
10. Ensure documents meet required policies and procedures.
11. Negotiate revisions to documents and explain required corrections.
12. Negotiate with others to accept new or different ways of operation.
13. Compose documents or correspondence involving complex or technical information.
14. Proofread and edit complex or technical writing of others.
15. Explain in writing the application of laws, regulations, precedents, and practices covering one or more types of legal actions.
16. Write summaries of recommendations discussed during meetings for documentation purposes.
KSA-3. Ability to communicate effectively/Interpersonal skills.
17. Communicate, explain, or defend complex ideas or information clearly and adapt material to the audience's level of knowledge.
18. Verbally justify controversial decisions, conclusions, findings, or recommendations to management or other officials.
19. Represent the agency, corporation or business by preparing written briefs, or presenting oral arguments.
20. Facilitate debriefings and pre-proposal conferences. (Please describe this experience in your application).
21. Provide verbal and/or written guidance to individuals on new regulations.
22. Prepare and provide a verbal or written summary of new regulations affecting the mission of a work unit.
23. Compose letters in response to requests for information about business procedures or requirements.
24. Communicate with clients and other administrators or specialists in carrying out routine work.
25. Work well as a team member, support group efforts and show an ability to get along well with associates through use of interpersonal skills. (Please describe this experience in your application).
26. Independently plan, organize, and coordinate assignments and workloads in such a way as to avoid unnecessary conflicts and distinguish between the critical and routine issues.
KSA-4. Ability to use desk-top computer systems and associated software such as word processing, spreadsheet, and automated business programs.
27. Use desk-top computer systems and software to create documents and correspondence.
28. Use spreadsheet software to create spreadsheets to examine and evaluate information.
29. Use automated business software, such as Interior Department Acquisition System (IDEAS), Financial and Business Management System (FBMS), or equivalent government or commercial systems to develop and document contracts or agreements.
30. Use word processing, spreadsheet, and/or automated systems software to perform a specialized service or function.
31. Use a variety of internet sites to research or prepare documents.