Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 865665
TV Broadcast Technician (Technical Director)
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (12-12) you will accept. The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among the best qualified candidates to be referred for the potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about this opportunity vacancy.
If you have selected "Newspaper" or "Other", please provide name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
The occupational speciality will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience. Job related experience is experience acquired while working in a specific field or occupation.
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
1. Do you possess one-year of specialized experience at the next lower grade level GS-12, Examples are: Switching live long-form news programming using graphical elements, digital video effects and monitor walls, monitor the technical aspects of production such as audio, lighting, recording and playback, performance of television production technicians during broadcasts, operate studio production switchers with multiple Mix Effects (ME) banks and Digital Video capabilities, building "Effect Packages" and handle quality control of the technical aspects of a studio production.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Knowledge of all technical studio equipment such as digital audio and video, playback equipment, cameras, studio lighting equipment and signal routing systems.
3. Experience switching live long-form productions using large (multi-ME) switchers.
4. Experience building complex multi-layer switcher effects and graphic elements using production switchers such as Grass Valley and Sony.
5. Experience reading both analogue and digital vector scopes and waveform monitors.
6. Experience using video walls -as active elements- in long-form production.
7. Experience collaborating with production staff prior to and during productions; implementing methods for meeting production requirements.
8. Resolve technical problems with studio equipment and production during live taping.