1. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education and/or experience related to the Biological Sciences, 0401 series.A. I possess a four year degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource. (You must submit a copy of your transcript at time of application submission)
2. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education and/or experience related to the Pharmacology, 405 series.A. I possess a four year degree in a major in an appropriate biological, medical, veterinary, or physical science, or in pharmacy that included at least 30 semester hours in chemistry and physiology and 12 semester hours in pharmacology. (Your transcript must demonstrate the 30 sh in chemistry and physiology AND the 12 semester hours in pharmacology)
3. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education and/or experience related to the Animal Science, 0487 series.A. I possess a four year degree in animal science, dairy science, poultry science; or a related discipline or field of animal science that included at least 30 semester hours in the basic biological and agricultural sciences, and 20 semester hours in animal science. For animal scientist positions, at least 10 of the required 20 semester hours in animal science must have been in courses dealing with the breeding, feeding, production, and management of livestock, and the care and preparation of their products. (Your transcript must clearly demonstrate the required courses listed above).
4. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your specialized experience related to the GS-12.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-11 in the Federal service. Experience includes planning and conducting research in food producing animals.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Plan, coordinate, and conduct applied and basic research using large animal models and in vitro systems in support of current and evolving issues.
6. Develop and lead an independent research program.
7. Develop and/or utilize animal disease models to evaluate/confirm the safety and effectiveness of new and existing animal drugs in the target animal species.
8. Administer drug products, collecting samples and conducting physical examinations in large animals.
9. Develop analytical methods to support research studies.
10. Conduct in-depth scientific evaluations of highly technical data.
11. Develop and modify procedures to meet the goals of the research project.
12. Verify milk residue patterns from intramammary or other routes of drug administration.
13. Interact with scientists within an organization to identify and address specific scientific needs, as well as to support the mission.
14. Share results of completed studies with scientists within an organization through direct communication including briefings, meetings, seminars, etc.
15. Present scientific material at national and/or international meetings and conferences.
16. Write protocols in compliance with applicable Acts and Laws such as the Animal Welfare Act and the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
17. Write scientific manuscripts for publication sharing results of completed studies.
18. Develop scientific reports, status reports, scientific evaluations or policy documents.
19. Develop and modify procedures to meet the goals of the research project.