1. From the description below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your background related to this position.
2. Do you have experience conducting employee misconduct investigations, mismanagement of agency programs investigations, and compliance with government wide and/or agency policies and regulations?
3. Have you completed the Basic Criminal Investigative Training Program at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) or its equivalent?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
4. Effect arrests, search warrants, and/or surveillance activity.
5. Apply and interpret regulatory material when planning, conducting, and participating in sensitive and complex investigations.
6. Provide advice and expertise to Senior Officials, colleagues, and the public regarding relevant regulatory guidelines, practices, and techniques.
7. Perform investigative work to obtain information, gather evidence, or verify facts (for example, conducts background checks or criminal investigations, investigates violations of environmental regulations).
8. Conduct civil and administrative investigations.
9. Determine the extent to which procedures and systems comply with relevant laws and policies.
10. Identify and evaluate significant findings, trends, and patterns disclosed in reports and management reviews.
11. Conduct joint investigations with other federal law enforcement agencies.
12. Coordinate agency requirements and operations with other field special agents in charge and officials at headquarters.
13. Perform investigative work to obtain information, gather evidence, or verify facts.
14. Observe individuals, activities, or operations to obtain or verify information.
15. Use computer systems or applications to access, create, edit, print, send, retrieve, or manipulate data, files, or other information.
16. Report to the supervisor any possible flagrant and significant administrative and/or program weaknesses discovered during the fact-finding, interview and examination process.
17. Conduct fact-finding and preliminary analysis of the request, complaint or allegation in relation to appropriate laws and regulations.
18. Provide assistance and information to agents responsible for multi-agency task force investigations.
19. Encourage and facilitate cooperation from others in order to obtain information and accomplish goals.
20. Assess program or project needs, provides guidance, and provides quality control of products and services.
21. Organize workload to handle changes and arrange priorities to meet deadlines.
22. Ensure effective utilization of resources and coordination with multiple stakeholders at all levels.
23. Orally brief internal and external clients, team members, and management officials on findings and recommendations.
24. Persuade others to cooperate when conflicting or controversial information is involved.
25. Interview persons of interest to elicit sensitive information or information they are reluctant to volunteer.
26. Orally present information to others with divergent and conflicting views.
27. Communicate written information in a succinct and organized manner that is appropriate for the intended audience.
28. Apply relevant regulatory guidelines when preparing written documents.
29. Collect, compile, and organize information.