1. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your education related to this position.A. I possess a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree, obtained at a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA). (Graduates of foreign veterinary medical schools not accredited by the AVMA Council on Education must refer to https://www.avma.org/Pages/home.aspx for requirements).
2. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience, education, or training related to this position.A. I have one year of progressively responsible professional veterinary experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that includes planning and conducting research in food producing animals. (experience must be reflected in your resume)
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that are related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Plan, coordinate, and conduct applied and basic research using large animal models and in vitro systems in support of current and evolving issues.
4. Develop and lead an independent research program.
5. Develop and/or utilize animal disease models to evaluate/confirm the safety and effectiveness of new and existing animal drugs in the target animal species.
6. Administer drug products, collecting samples and conducting physical examinations in large animals.
7. Develop analytical methods to support research studies.
8. Conduct in-depth scientific evaluations of highly technical data.
9. Develop and modify procedures to meet the goals of the research project.
10. Verify milk residue patterns from intramammary or other routes of drug administration.
11. Interact with scientists within an organization to identify and address specific scientific needs, as well as to support the mission.
12. Share results of completed studies with scientists within an organization through direct communication including briefings, meetings, seminars, etc.
13. Present scientific material at national and/or international meetings and conferences.
14. Write protocols in compliance with applicable Acts and Laws such as the Animal Welfare Act and the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
15. Write scientific manuscripts for publication sharing results of completed studies.
16. Develop scientific reports, status reports, scientific evaluations or policy documents.
17. Develop and modify procedures to meet the goals of the research project.