Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees with competitive status only? Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 09.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
You must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level in the Federal service.
1. Please select the response below that best indicates how you meet the specialized experience for a Program Support Specialist position.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-9 level because I have at least one year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level in the Federal Government obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature; communicating with supervisors and employees to obtain information about organizational missions, functions, and work procedures; preparing and presenting recommendations and solutions effectively, including the preparation of written reports, instructions, and correspondence.
Please select the response that is applicable to you.
2. Are you?A. A Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Career or Career-Conditional employee with competitive status.
For each of the following task statements, select one response below (A-E) that best describes your experience level. You must select a response for each question.
3. Review and interpret requests for programmatic action or information and determine appropriate course of action.
4. Provide advice and assistance related to investigative and administrative functions.
5. Submit time and attendance records using payroll software.
6. Research complex investigative issues.
7. Analyze data or results studies and recommend administrative strategies or changes.
8. Provide guidance, advice, and assistance in interpreting administrative policies and procedures.
9. Serve as point of contact for staff on administrative processes and procedures
10. Communicate with supervisors, coworkers, visitors and customers concerning related policies, practices, procedures and precedent guidelines.
11. Use software programs such as word processing, database, spreadsheet and electronic mail.
12. Prepare written findings and recommendations of program studies for management.
13. Compose briefing materials, talking points and/or executive summaries to prepare management for meetings.