Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best describes your eligibility for this position.A. I currently work for Health and Human Services serving on a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one response which best describes your experience which meets the Qualification Requirements for Health Communication Officer (Marketing), GS-1001-15.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service, to include leading staff on the research and and/or evaluation activities to advance health communication and marketing. Utilize the principles of marketing and health communications to conduct strategic planning, message development, consumer marketing and branding, partnership development, materials development and distribution, and social marketing which will educate the American public about FDA's regulation of tobacco products.
In this section, you are asked to evaluate yourself on task items using the scale provided. When marking your ratings, please do not overstate or understate your level of experience or capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Do not give yourself credit for having performed tasks you have not performed. Additional steps in the selection process are designed to verify your stated level of experience and capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from employment with the organization.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Manage strategic planning and creative development for advertising elements of campaigns.
4. Ensure legal, ethical, and regulatory standards and polices comply for health communication and marketing research.
5. Collaborate with staff and partners to coordinate communication and marketing strategies.
6. Establish, revise, and review policies and procedures to align with mission objectives.
7. Advance communication and marketing by disseminating results of communication interventions.
8. Manage and initiate changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and determine when new or changed polices are required.
9. Foster cross-function collaboration with staff on health communication and marketing, media relations and health policy.
10. Disseminate results of communication interventions and related research and evaluation.
11. Collaborate in efforts to maintain and improve the research practice of health communication and marketing.
12. Develop and implement comprehensive and systematic approach for responding to outside inquires.
13. Identify and implement systems that facilitate accurate, timely, and effective information.
14. Develop communication strategies to advance goals and priorities of the organization.
15. Recommend and implement priority efforts necessary to achieve organizational objectives.
16. Utilize multiple communication channels for dissemination of health messages.
17. Sponsor and stimulate the application of advanced health communication and marketing technologies to maximize the delivery and impact of health information.
18. Develop evidence-based health communication strategies.
19. Perform impact evaluation and trend analysis.
20. Promote, stimulate and conduct health communication research.
21. Ensure health communication and marketing activities address cultural, socioeconomic and linguistic challenges.
22. Formulate ideas to meet marketing needs for various target populations.
23. Present health communication briefings to varied audiences.
24. Lead, oversee and manage and organization.
25. Provide leadership that integrates the organization and marketing health communication objectives.
26. Plan and organize activities of specific organizations within the OHCE.
27. Develop goals and objectives that integrate organization and health communication objectives.
28. Promote team building.
29. Implement quality improvements to existing processes.
30. Explain performance expectations to subordinate supervisors and employees directly supervised and provide regular feedback.
31. Establish, revise, or review policies, procedures, mission objectives and organizational design for the staff.
32. Prepare materials for campaign or program work for diverse audiences including the news media.
33. Develop communication and marketing plans, scopes of work, reports to senior staff, and marketing and management materials.
34. Develop written materials that provide public health rationale and ensure materials are based on public health and communication.
35. Ensures that the viewpoints, policies, programs, and operations are widely known and understood by staff, center leadership and high priority partners as well as the public at-large.
36. Advise management officials on aspects of the tobacco regulation and health communication programs.
37. Influence, persuade or motivate key local, state, and national level people or groups to accept ideas and concepts central to the agency's mission and goals.
38. Communicate, negotiate, and conduct conflict resolution, and leadership skills that are used to obtain desired outcome.
39. Collaborate with stakeholders and communication and marketing professionals to disseminate information, maintain, and improve the research and practice of health communication and marketing.