Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Choose 001 Merit Promotion if you have not held a permanent position at the grade level(s) posted in this vacancy announcement.
Choose 002 - Reassignment or Non-Competitive Promotion if on a permanent basis, you currently hold or have previously held a position at the GS-13 grade level or above; OR I am a current FDA employee serving Schedule-A appointment; OR I am a current FDA Commissioned Corps Officer.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please answer yes or no to statement number below. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the Testimony Specialist, GS-301-13 position.
1. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or above in the Federal Service as of the closing date of the announcement. Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the work of the position. Please refer to the vacancy announcement for examples of specialized experience.A. Yes
Please answer yes or no to statement number below. Your response will determine if you meet the time in grade requirement.
2. I have 52 weeks at the GS-12 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the announcement closing date.A. Yes
Your response to statement number below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
3. Please select the appropriate response from the list below. Select only one answer.A. I am currently serving in a position at the GS-13 grade level or above in the Federal Service on a permanent basis.
Please respond yes or no to the statement below. Your response will determine if you meet the area of consideration for this position.
4. I am a current permanent employee of the Food and Drug Administration; I am a current FDA employee serving under Schedule-A appointment; OR I am a current FDA Commissioned Corps Officer.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
Note: Submission of this electronic questionnaire is certification that all responses are true to the best of your knowledge. Materially false, fictitious or fraudulent statements or representations are subject to disciplinary action.
5. Knowledge of the principles and practices of litigation and court procedures to include the preparation and coordination of testimonial requests, litigation holds, legal demands, subpoenas, and court orders.
6. Determine and make recommendations on whether a submission complies with applicable policies, laws, and regulations and whether documents are admissible as evidence in the court in which the action is filed.
7. Manage and coordinate requests for authorization to disclose information to federal and State government agencies.
8. Maintain and review Agency precedent and legal files, review Agency case law, and maintain current legal knowledge and expertise.
9. Provide information and consultation to individuals, other federal and State agencies, private industry, and foreign governments on agency policy and procedure for witness testimony and information disclosure.
10. Research relevant regulations and precedents and identifies the types of documents maintained which would be relevant to provide the testimony sought in lieu of personal testimony.
11. Develop and clear Memoranda of Understanding and other types of agreements.
12. Prepare letters authorizing approval or denial of testimony or other correspondence.
13. Participate in the preparation and submission of an annual or other type of report.
14. Prepare written justifications which fully support conclusions and recommendations made on a legal basis.
15. Interview potential witnesses for information to assist in the preparation of an official authorization for personal or deposition testimony.
16. Respond to telephone inquiries from external parties seeking information on current organizational policy or procedures.