Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
This assessment section includes questions to determine if you are in the area of consideration for this vacancy. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) for each of the following items to identify which of the following descriptions applies to you. Failure to respond to these questions may result in an ineligible rating.A- Yes
1. CURRENT EMPLOYEE: Are you currently a permanent federal employee of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)? (A copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, that has Items 24 and 34 completed is required at the time of application.)
2. TRANSFER: Are you currently a permanent federal employee employed at an agency other than VA? (A copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, that has Items 24 and 34 completed is required at the time of application)
3. If you are a current Federal employee, please choose the statement that best describes your federal employment background compared to the target grade level of the position.A. PROMOTION: I have not held the target grade of the vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade of the vacancy, on a permanent basis.
4. REINSTATEMENT: Are you a former Federal employee who has reinstatement eligibility? To be eligible for reinstatement, (1) you must have served in a career appointment, or (2) You must have served on a career-conditional appointment which ended during the past three years. Note: the three-year limit does not apply to applicants with Veterans preference. This three-year limit is extended for those who have had other federal service since the career-conditional appointment ended, by the length of that other employment. A copy of the most recent, or last Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, issued during that federal employment is required at the time of application. Please make sure that the document has Items 24 and 34 completed.A. Yes
5. If you are a former Federal employee who answered yes to question 4, please choose the statement that best describes the highest grade you held in these appointments.A. REINSTATEMENT - COMPETITIVE: I have not held the target grade of the vacancy, or a grade higher than the target grade, on a permanent basis.
6. 30% DISABLED VETERAN: Are you eligible for appointment as a 30% or more compensable disabled Veteran? To be eligible, you must have retired from active military service with a service-connected disability rating of 30% or more, OR have a rating by the Department of Veterans Affairs showing a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. (Please include in your Application for 10-Point Preference, SF-15, and the documents required by the SF-15.)A. Yes
7. VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ACT (VEOA): Are you eligible for a Veterans Employment Opportunity Act appointment? To be eligible, you are a Preference Veteran Preference, or you are Veteran separated after substantially completing at least 3 years of continuous active duty service performed under honorable conditions (this means an honorable or general discharge). (Please include in your application copies of your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, DD-214, or other proof of your service.)A. Yes
8. NON-COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT ELIGIBILITY: Are you eligible for some other noncompetitive appointment? This includes appointment based on an interchange agreement, severe disability (Schedule A), eligibility of some military spouses, or similar authorities. To see information about interchange agreements and other noncompetitive appointments you may view at the link below: Please include with your application documents that show you are eligible under the special authority, i.e. an SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action with your initial appointment and/or last action; or an SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action showing eligibility for appointment through an interchange agreement (i.e. Home Land Security, TSA, FAA); a letter from a vocational rehabilitation counselor for appointment based on a severe disability, etc.
Please respond to each of the following questions. For each question, choose the response that best describes your experience and training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information provided in your resume, your application, and information provided by your references.
1. From the descriptions below, please select the response that best describes your basic level of education and experience as a Contract Specialist. Note: Provide all transcripts if qualifying based on education.A. I have a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management, and I also have at least 4-years experience in contracting or related positions.
2. From the descriptions below, please select the response that best describes your level of specialized experience as a Contract Specialist.A. Have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-12 level in the Federal service, obtained in either the public or private sectors. This experience must include activities such as: 1) conducting pre-award and post-award functions including price/cost analysis, negotiation, and administration to procure supplies or services for medical or facility equipment, medical/surgical supplies, and medical services, or construction; 2) deciding on the method of contracting, milestones, and procurement plan; 3) preparing solicitation documents; 4) preparing and conducting pre-proposals conferences or pre-solicitation site visits; and 5) monitoring contract performance and negotiating contract modifications.
The following section will used to determine your level of Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) necessary for contract professionals. Applicants who possess the FAC-C Level II certification are more likely to be referred to the hiring agency in the top category. Please submit a copy of your certificate.
3. Please select the response below that best reflects your level of contracting certification.A. I hold a current FAC-C Level III certification or industry equivalent contract management certification.
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the list below that best describe your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Perform market research to aid in acquisition planning.
5. Review specification and statements of work to aid in acquisition planning.
6. Review acquisition milestone plans for approval.
7. Establish technical evaluation boards to determine acceptability and ranking of technical proposals.
8. Review specifications and statements of work to ensure they do not restrict competition.
9. Advertise all applicable contract requirements to promote maximum competition.
10. Determine responsibility of low bidder in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements when using sealed bidding.
11. Review contractor performance to assure compliance with applicable labor laws.
12. Resolve contract performance problems concerning excusable delays.
13. Review auditors' reports for adequacy of analysis and conclusions.
14. Select the appropriate method of procurement such as simplified acquisition procedures, sealed-bidding, or negotiations.
15. Develop an overall pricing negotiation strategy considering all relevant information.
16. Conduct negotiations for competitive and noncompetitive procurements.
17. Conduct cost analyses or price analyses for contract proposals or change order proposals.
18. Conduct necessary market analyses to test the noncompetitive assumptions of requisitions.
19. Determine the offeror that represents the best value based on price and other factors.
20. Assess liquidated damages for days of delay.
21. Conduct post-award conferences with customers to clarify contractual provisions.
22. Conduct debriefings with unsuccessful offerors or bidders.
23. Advise technical personnel of inadequate, ambiguous, or vague specifications to avoid liability.
24. Negotiate additional time required for contract performance.
25. Negotiate settlements related to contract terminations for convenience or default.
26. Prepare price negotiation memoranda detailing negotiations with contractors.
27. Prepare procurement data system reports for contract awards.
28. Prepare solicitation and award synopses for contract awards.
29. Prepare electronic contract management system documents for contract awards.
30. Prepare solicitation documents using contract writing systems for issuance.
31. Administer payment provisions on contracts for partial payments, progress payments, and final payments.
32. Issue show cause letters and cure notices as a prelude to terminations.
33. Issue contract terminations for convenience or default.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and documents you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period, or other disciplinary action, including termination. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verified that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
34. Failure to agree or respond to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. Select the most appropriate response below.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.