Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, chose one answer that best describes your education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Regulatory Counsel, GS-301-13.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Provide statutory and regulatory and analysis of food and drug law, including the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), Food Safety Modernization Act, and Agency regulations as well as of administrative laws such as Administrative Procedure Act and Paper Reduction Act.
3. Prepares replies to questions from the regulated community and other interested persons on issues that are industry wide in scope and that concern precedent setting interpretations of program policy.
4. Provide guidance and /or regulatory specialist and other professionals on matters related to his/her expertise.
5. Draft and edits complex regulations and critical policy documents.
6. Attend meetings with high level officials and stakeholders.
7. Draft or critically reviews documents embodying policy and program proposals and decisions affecting the regulation of food and cosmetic products under program jurisdiction.
8. Draft or reviews proposals for new regulations and policy statements that often results from the need to implement new legislation.
9. Participate on working groups of scientific, regulatory and legal experts to develop new or revised regulations.
10. Review and comments on legal pleadings in litigation involving the program.
11. Advise offices on procedures and methods for implementing new regulations and revising existing regulations and on the legal sufficiency and procedural adequacy of proposed policy statements and policy initiatives.
12. Review, summarize, and drafts responses to all public comments received on proposed regulations, critically reviews such responses; recommends adoption or rejection of counter-proposals contained in comments and objections; drafts and critically reviews final regulations.
13. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.