Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one response which best describes your experience which meets the Qualification Requirements for Program Analyst (Acquisitions), GS-0343-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, to include working independently as a technical authority on decisions impacting acquisition and contracts policy matters, mission objectives, and the emphasis of designated program areas.
In this section, you are asked to evaluate yourself on task items using the scale provided. When marking your ratings, please do not overstate or understate your level of experience or capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Do not give yourself credit for having performed tasks you have not performed. Additional steps in the selection process are designed to verify your stated level of experience and capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from employment with the organization.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide advice and assistance in the development of acquisition plans.
3. Provide advice and assistance in the development of government cost estimates and evaluation criteria.
4. Assist program offices with the appropriate protocol in evaluating proposals.
5. Understand and apply financial management concepts and practices related to contracting.
6. Track expenditures to ensure compliance with contract terms.
7. Understand cost accounting and reporting systems.
8. Monitor the overall financial performance of the contract and draw accurate conclusions from financial information.
9. Analyze new or amended regulations and assist in the development of policy covering acquisition programs.
10. Conduct management reviews on all aspects of procurement functions.
11. Establish, negotiate, administer, and evaluate criteria for a wide range of contracts to formulate approaches to problems arising throughout the procurement process.
12. Establish procedures for implementing procurement policies or regulations and to assess procurement operations or contractor effectiveness.
13. Consult with contractors, contracting officials or other business executives on contracting matters.
14. Participate in formal and informal conferences.
15. Meet and deal with CTP managers and administrators and representatives from other Federal agencies.
16. Develop procedures and processes for use by the organization.
17. Prepare status reports, briefs or summaries as required.
18. Develop guidance for the analysis and development of strategic constructs and initiatives for the division.
19. Develop the approach and processes necessary to collect information, organize work and to resource strategic opportunities.