Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in the Supervisory Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0301-14, position at our Agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. For the GS-14, you must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience include: providing counsel, direction and guidance in the overall foreign investigational and inspectional operations; skill in working in international region and expert knowledge of the feed, biologics, foods, medical devices, drugs, or clinical trials/research; skill in monitoring emerging issues and technology and recommends and coordinates implementation into the agency activities; skill in serving as technical expert and authoritative investigator in foreign assignments primarily for foods.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy.
2. Are you a current Food and Drug Administration employee?A. Yes
3. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Supervisory Consumer Safety Officer, GS-0696-14.A. Degree: that included at least 30 semester hours in one or a combination of the following: biological sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, physical sciences, food technology, nutrition, medical science, engineering, epidemiology, veterinary medical science, or related scientific fields that provided knowledge directly related to consumer safety officer work. The 30 semester hours can include up to 8 semester hours in statistics, or course work that included the principles, theory, or practical application of computers or computer programming.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Serve as technical expert and authoritative investigator in foreign assignments primarily for foods, feeds, medical devices, drugs, clinical trials/research, or biologics.
5. Focal point within the Agency to headquarters and to field staff for authoritative guidance and consultation regarding inspectional and investigational methods.
6. Conducts audits that consist of follow-up inspections, and system audits designed to evaluate the effectiveness of the foreign government's regulatory oversight and certification process for ensuring that exported products meet FDA standards.
7. Expert knowledge of foreign post/geographical region and the regions people, culture, society, and the public health challenges.
8. Make recommendations that may affect the status or decision of the agency as to the status of domestic or foreign products or to permit the entry of the inspected product
9. Expert in international public health policy issues, trade agreements and agreements with multilateral organizations.
10. Apply the principles of agreements or the work of the organization to the situation involving the Agency regulated products.
11. Develop and implement formal training programs and provide technical expertise for Agency personnel, industry representatives, local and international officials
12. Periodically procures copies of supplementary legislation, new documents, and other material.
13. Prepares appropriate reports for use both locally in making determinations in specific cases for transmittal to Headquarters.
14. Provides a focal point within FDA to whom foreign manufacturers may turn for authoritative guidance, consultation regarding inspectional activities, how to comply with GMPs or other regulatory requirements, and investigation methods and procedures necessary to accomplish compliance objectives.
15. Ability to communicate in a highly effective manner in writing and in person-to-person contacts; ability to deal effectively with others in a leadership capacity and command respect.
16. Ability to analyze the most complex and sensitive regulatory issues involving numerous variables to identify root causes and anticipate ancillary.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
17. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.