Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one response which best describes your education/experience which meets the Qualification Requirements for Program Analyst (Acquisitions), GS-0343-11.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience analyzing issues impacting acquisition and contracts policy matters.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one response which best describes your experience which meets the Qualification Requirements for Program Analyst (Acquisitions), GS-0343-12.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience analyzing issues impacting acquisition and contracts policy matters and in preparing acquisition packages for all contract actions.
In this section, you are asked to evaluate yourself on task items using the scale provided. When marking your ratings, please do not overstate or understate your level of experience or capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Do not give yourself credit for having performed tasks you have not performed. Additional steps in the selection process are designed to verify your stated level of experience and capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from employment with the organization.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Review contracting actions to assure compliance with statutes and regulations.
4. Assist with plans and accomplishes contract work, which includes determining the appropriate method of procurement, sequence of operation, items/supplies to be solicited.
5. Participate in the development of statements of work.
6. Understand and apply financial management concepts and practices related to contracting.
7. Track expenditures to ensure compliance with contract terms.
8. Recommend, review and implement cost-saving initiatives.
9. Represent the Office as a liaison with internal and external groups on contract/procurement projects.
10. Collaborate with persons outside the organization which may include consultants, contractors, contracting officials, or business executives.
11. Maintain contacts with industry officials and others to resolve problems which may arise during the performance of the contract.
12. Advise managers on which contract vehicles is appropriate to use.
13. Participate in formal and informal conferences.
14. Represent the organization on committees and at meetings by making commitments, suggestions, and recommendations concerning acquisition programs and policies.
15. Prepare reports that provide information to management concerning the status of program activities.
16. Develop policies, guidelines, instructions, and procedures for administrative and management requirements.
17. Develop detailed analyses and provide recommendations to management on contracts and procurement issues.