Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your
education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your
experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Biologist, GS-0401-13.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below
that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval
corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and
Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Serve as a scientific expert and reviewer of systems biology and tobacco biomarker documents submitted for regulatory action or assessment.
4. Develop research projects to fill gaps in knowledge related to systems biology, tobacco biomarkers and regulatory decisions.
5. Analyze and determine the adequacy of tobacco biomarker research proposals, data and test submitted regarding the public health impact of regulated products.
6. Provide expertise by keeping abreast of new findings through review of scientific literature directly related to systems biology and tobacco, participating in professional meetings and undertaking independent research.
7. Recognize the need for, and initiation of, new and amended regulations, policies and procedures directly related to systems biology and tobacco biomarkers.
8. Perform quality assurance activities pertaining to the integrity and accuracy of scientific and regulatory information on systems biology and tobacco biomarkers.
9. Hands-on research experience with systems biology and tobacco biomarkers.
10. Hands-on experience analyzing and interpreting raw data on systems biology and tobacco biomarkers.
11. Evaluate effectiveness of an approach or methodologies associated with systems biology and tobacco biomarker research.
12. Prepare written comprehensive synopses of reviews of reports/applications/submissions on systems biology and tobacco, with recommendations for revision, acceptance or rejection.
13. Provide specific supporting reasons for recommended disposition and/or technical deficiencies regarding regulatory submissions or proposals on systems biology and tobacco.
14. Compile data or perform comprehensive literature reviews on the topic of systems biology and tobacco for written documentation in support of Agency needs, actions, or proposed actions.
15. Communicate regularly with team members based on needs of the project and individuals.
16. Explain or justify scientific decisions, conclusions, findings, or recommendations.
17. Prepare and deliver scientific presentations at professional conferences or seminars.