This section will be used to determine if you possess the experience needed to qualify for this Financial Management Analyst, GS-0501-09 position. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
1. From the descriptions below, please select the response that BEST reflects your experience and/or education that provided you with the ability to perform the work as a Financial Management Analyst GS-0501-09. (NOTE: This same experience must be well-described in the application/resume that you complete and submit in addition to answering this Questionnaire.)A. I have at least one or more years of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level, or equivalent pay band, in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is in, or directly related to, the work of the position being filled. My experience may have been obtained in the private or public sector, and it must have equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to successfully perform successfully the duties of this position. Examples of this specialized experience include: Verifying and analyzing accounting documents; determining the appropriate general ledger accounts for posting; preparing, analyzing and reconciling the required financial data to enter into the systems; ensuring adherence to regulatory policy and propriety of purchases; analyzing and recommending uncollectable accounts for cancellation or write- offs; conducts special studies and works on special projects.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form 1203X. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Conduct financial analysis and input of purchases, accounts payable and receivable collection of accounts receivable, and reconciliation.
3. Conduct studies and prepares comprehensive financial reports.
4. Verify and analyzes the accuracy of accounting documents and determines the appropriate general ledger accounts for posting.
5. Prepare, analyze, and reconcile the required financial data to enter into the automated system for preparation of accounting and financial reports.
6. Prepare transactions for computer input to the different systems and insures that these transactions affect the proper account.
7. Perform analysis of data within the financial management systems to detect problems, erroneous transactions, misuse of accounting appropriations, and to ensure adherence to regulatory policy and propriety of purchases.
8. Analyze and recommend uncollectible accounts for cancellation or write-offs.
9. Send follow-up collection letters for outstanding receivable accounts.
10. Research telephonic and written vendor inquires regarding payments and works with them to reconcile significant issues.
11. Determine corrective action required through reconciliation of financial reports.
12. Conduct analysis and formulates responses of required action.
13. Analyze various pay statistical reports in order to identify problems and trends and prepares statistical data for comparison/trend analysis purposes.
14. Make decisions and solve problems on a day-to-day basis.
15. Notifies individuals or offices orally of decisions, problems, or further actions needed.
16. Provides technical advice in subject matter area to others.
17. Explains technical or other complex information in writing.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and documents you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period, or other disciplinary action, including termination. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: Understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verified that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
18. Failure to agree or respond to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. Select the most appropriate response below.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my response to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.