Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
This section will be used to determine if you possess the experience needed to qualify for this Financial Management Analyst, GS-0501-09 position. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
1. From the descriptions below, please select the response that BEST reflects your experience and/or education that provided you with the ability to perform the work as a Financial Management Analyst GS-0501-09. (NOTE: This same experience must be well-described in the application/resume that you complete and submit in addition to answering this Questionnaire.)A. I have at least one or more years of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level, or equivalent pay band, in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is in, or directly related to, the work of the position being filled. My experience may have been obtained in the private or public sector, and it must have equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to successfully perform successfully the duties of this position. Examples of this specialized experience include: Verifying and analyzing accounting documents; determining the appropriate general ledger accounts for posting; preparing, analyzing and reconciling the required financial data to enter into the systems; ensuring adherence to regulatory policy and propriety of purchases; analyzing and recommending uncollectable accounts for cancellation or write- offs; conducts special studies and works on special projects.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form 1203X. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Conduct financial analysis and input of purchases, accounts payable and receivable collection of accounts receivable, and reconciliation.
3. Conduct studies and prepares comprehensive financial reports.
4. Verify and analyzes the accuracy of accounting documents and determines the appropriate general ledger accounts for posting.
5. Prepare, analyze, and reconcile the required financial data to enter into the automated system for preparation of accounting and financial reports.
6. Prepare transactions for computer input to the different systems and insures that these transactions affect the proper account.
7. Perform analysis of data within the financial management systems to detect problems, erroneous transactions, misuse of accounting appropriations, and to ensure adherence to regulatory policy and propriety of purchases.
8. Analyze and recommend uncollectible accounts for cancellation or write-offs.
9. Send follow-up collection letters for outstanding receivable accounts.
10. Research telephonic and written vendor inquires regarding payments and works with them to reconcile significant issues.
11. Determine corrective action required through reconciliation of financial reports.
12. Conduct analysis and formulates responses of required action.
13. Analyze various pay statistical reports in order to identify problems and trends and prepares statistical data for comparison/trend analysis purposes.
14. Make decisions and solve problems on a day-to-day basis.
15. Notifies individuals or offices orally of decisions, problems, or further actions needed.
16. Provides technical advice in subject matter area to others.
17. Explains technical or other complex information in writing.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and documents you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period, or other disciplinary action, including termination. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: Understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verified that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
18. Failure to agree or respond to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. Select the most appropriate response below.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my response to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.