Respond to each of the following questions. For each question, choose the response that best represents your eligibility, employment and skills. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your uploaded resume, documents and information provided by your references.
1. Please choose the response that best describes your level of education, training and experience as it relates to the work of the Staff Assistant at the GS-9 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level or higher, or the equivalent in other pay systems. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, but it demonstrates that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. Specialized experience should include performing duties such as: implementing program objectives, policies, procedures and processes to administer and evaluate the effectiveness of administrative programs (such as employee work hours, time keeping, personnel security studies, etc); assisting in studies to identify problems in administrative procedures, work processes, or workload distribution; overseeing and reviewing suspense actions and assignments; attending meetings/briefings and maintaining a director/executive's calendar.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had the education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Coordinate and resolve complex implementation of new policies, projects and initiatives.
3. Conduct studies to assess the effectiveness of administrative programs.
4. Analyze staffing procedures for efficiency, effectiveness and adherence to current policy.
5. Oversee and perform the review of suspense actions.
6. Provide executive level administrative, clerical, and office automation support utilizing a vareity of methods and processes.
7. Recommend assignments to complete received suspense actions
8. Maintain information regarding the assignment of suspense actions.
9. Maintain an executive/director's calendar.
10. Develop and maintain comprehensive reference files and data on a wide variety of office activities.
11. Develop and explain office and administrative procedures within an organization/office.
12. Collaborate with individuals at all levels within the organization, and outside organizations.
13. Perform content and editorial review of correspondence prior to distribution.
14. Prepare reports of study findings, including recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness administrative operations.
15. Prepare selected controlled correspondence (i.e. personal, executive, and briefing papers and other correspondence) concerning program planning and evaluation issues.
16. Prepare weekly action reports including critical suspense data.
17. Compiles information from many sources for preparation of briefing presentations, office memorandums, various reports, documents, or programs.
18. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes