Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Respond to each of the following questions. For each question, choose the response that best represents your eligibility, employment and skills. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your uploaded resume, documents and information provided by your references.
1. Please choose the response that best describes your level of education, training and experience as it relates to the work of the Staff Assistant at the GS-9 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level or higher, or the equivalent in other pay systems. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, but it demonstrates that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. Specialized experience should include performing duties such as: implementing program objectives, policies, procedures and processes to administer and evaluate the effectiveness of administrative programs (such as employee work hours, time keeping, personnel security studies, etc); assisting in studies to identify problems in administrative procedures, work processes, or workload distribution; overseeing and reviewing suspense actions and assignments; attending meetings/briefings and maintaining a director/executive's calendar.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had the education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Coordinate and resolve complex implementation of new policies, projects and initiatives.
3. Conduct studies to assess the effectiveness of administrative programs.
4. Analyze staffing procedures for efficiency, effectiveness and adherence to current policy.
5. Oversee and perform the review of suspense actions.
6. Provide executive level administrative, clerical, and office automation support utilizing a vareity of methods and processes.
7. Recommend assignments to complete received suspense actions
8. Maintain information regarding the assignment of suspense actions.
9. Maintain an executive/director's calendar.
10. Develop and maintain comprehensive reference files and data on a wide variety of office activities.
11. Develop and explain office and administrative procedures within an organization/office.
12. Collaborate with individuals at all levels within the organization, and outside organizations.
13. Perform content and editorial review of correspondence prior to distribution.
14. Prepare reports of study findings, including recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness administrative operations.
15. Prepare selected controlled correspondence (i.e. personal, executive, and briefing papers and other correspondence) concerning program planning and evaluation issues.
16. Prepare weekly action reports including critical suspense data.
17. Compiles information from many sources for preparation of briefing presentations, office memorandums, various reports, documents, or programs.
18. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes