Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, chose one answer that best describes your education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Regulatory Counsel, GS-301-14.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Provide statutory and regulatory analysis of food and drug law, including the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FDA&C Act), Food Safety Modernization Act, and Agency regulations as well as of administrative laws such as Administrative Procedure Act, and Paper Reduction Act.
3. Prepare and presents regulatory training for program.
4. Prepare replies to questions from the regulated community and other interested persons on issues that are industry-wide in scope and that concern precedent setting interpretations.
5. Develop policies and programs involving the most complex and highest priority matters affecting the regulation of food and cosmetic products.
6. Prepare replies to correspondence from the regulated community and other interested persons on issues that are industry-wide in scope or have broad health implications and that concern precedent setting interpretations of program policy.
7. Provide guidance and/or regulatory specialist and other professionals within the program on matters relating to his/her expertise.
8. Draft and edit complex regulations and critical policy documents.
9. Attend meetings with high level officials and stakeholders.
10. Draft and critically reviews documents embodying policy and program proposals and decisions on those products.
11. Draft and reviews proposals for new regulations and policy statements often result from the need to implement new legislation.
12. Communicate effectively to wide range of audiences.
13. Advise other offices on procedures and methods for implementing new regulations and revising existing regulations and on the legal sufficiency and procedural adequacy of proposed policy statements and policy initiatives.
14. Review and comments on legal pleadings in litigation.
15. Advise management on procedures and methods for implementing new regulations and revising existing regulations and on the legal sufficiency and procedural adequacy of proposal policy statements and policy initiatives.
16. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.