Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Choose 001 Merit Promotion if you have not held a permanent position at the grade level(s) posted in this vacancy announcement.
Choose 002 - Reassignment or Non-Competitive Promotion if on a permanent basis, you currently hold or have previously held a position at the grade level(s) posted on this vacancy announcement and the position had promotion potential to the GS-12 grade level or above.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
For statements 1-2 below, please select the response that best describes your experience and/or education. Select only one answer. You must respond to each question.
1. Your response to the question below will determine if you qualify for the position of Management Operations Specialist, GS-11. If you meet more than one choice, select the response that describes the highest level of experience/education that you possess. You must fully meet the description in the response to select it.A. I have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal Service by the closing date of the announcement. Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the work of the position. Please refer to the vacancy announcement for examples of specialized experience.
2. Your response to the question below will determine if you qualify for the position of Management Operations Specialist, GS-12. You must fully meet the description in the response to select it.A. I have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal Service by the closing date of the announcement. Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the work of the position. Please refer to the vacancy announcement for examples of specialized experience.
Please answer yes or no to statements 3-4 below. Your response will determine if you meet the time-in-grade requirements for this position. You must respond to each statement.
3. I have 52 weeks at the GS-09 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the announcement closing date.A. Yes
4. I have 52 weeks at the GS-11 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the announcement closing date.A. Yes
Your response to the statement below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
5. Please select the appropriate response from the list below.A. I am currently serving a permanent position at the GS-12 grade level or above in the Federal Service.
Your response to the statement below will determine if you meet the area of consideration.
6. I am a current (career or career-conditional) federal employee with the Food and Drug Administration.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
Note: Submission of this electronic questionnaire is certification that all responses are true to the best of your knowledge. Materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statements or representations are subject to disciplinary action.
7. Responsible for carrying out a wide range of administrative support activities requiring considerable planning, coordination, management and evaluation.
8. Responsible for maintaining information and being knowledgeable on new administrative programs, studies, regulations, policy statements and enacted legislation involving or affecting the organizations.
9. Responsible for planning, managing and coordinating a broad range of studies and program analysis activities covering technical and management facets of the operations of the organization.
10. Devise analytical approaches for establishing the approach and objectives of such studies, utilizing established methodology and evaluating alternative courses of action.
11. Ensure all administrative functions are in compliance with regulations and policies, exercising full delegated authorities while ensuring the successful accomplishment of the assignments.
12. Develop new or revised operating policies for functions and programs of the office to assure management policies and resource allocations within are effective in terms of needs, priorities and program objectives.
13. Review plans and make recommendations or suggestions for the best alternative methods for obtaining necessary resources.
14. Develop budget and financial plans, procurement and personnel actions in support of the office staff.
15. Responsible for ensuring the distribution of operating and contract dollars and staffing of the office are based on office needs and priorities, working with management to meet these objectives.
16. Serve as primary liaison with the human resources office, overseeing the needs of the office and ensuring the human resource requirements are met.
17. Analyze current management and organizational practices, identifying vulnerable areas and developing solutions and safeguards to eliminate the risks of fraud, waste and abuse.
18. Provide leadership and guidance directing the development and implementation of long-range strategic and operational plans and systems.
19. Plan and conduct comprehensive analytical surveys and special studies conferring with operating officials and supervisors on survey requirements, identifying weaknesses and outlining conclusions and making recommendations.
20. Responsible for planning, managing and coordinating a broad range of studies and program analysis activities covering technical and management facets of the operations of the organization.
21. Identify, evaluate and resolve issues and problems in specific program areas working with senior management in accomplishing desired results.
22. Develop, compile, interpret, monitor and evaluate information/data from various sources, identifying weak areas.
23. Conduct studies of existing procedures and make recommendations or independently revise and develop alternative procedures.
24. Perform an analysis of designated segments of work and initiate action as appropriate, administering internal control plans.
25. Coordinate and participate with senior management in the development and implementation of programs, policies, standards, procedures and guidelines in the areas of administrative/operational management, program and financial planning and evaluation.
26. Responsible for the preparation of a variety of administrative management reports and development of special requests reports.
27. Receive and respond to requests for information and/or data, providing status, advice and materials to various internal components and external organizations.
28. Responsible for developing standard operating procedures and business practices to ensure administrative functions are completed appropriately.
29. Develop recommendations and implement new or modified guidelines, work processes and operations to improve effectiveness, efficiency, or timeliness of work processes and information dissemination.
30. Meet and interact regularly with management, supervisors, co-workers, visitors and customers concerning related policies, practices, procedures and precedent guidelines.
31. Participate with management and other senior staff in planning, coordinating and reviewing programs, resources and activities of the office.
32. Participate in and plan and organize team study work and negotiate with management to accept and implement recommendations..
33. Provide advice and assistance to senior management on administrative policy, budgetary and procedural matters.