Select at least one occupational specialty code. The specialty code(s) for this position are 001, 002 and 003. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select multiple codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
001 - Open to All
002 - Competitive Merit Promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service) and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. You must provide qualifying documentation (i.e. SF-50 or veterans documentation).
003 - Noncompetitive and Special Hiring Authorities. This includes applicants who are eligible for noncompetitive or special appointment authorities such as: 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA - for positions at GS-11 and below), and persons with disabilities (Schedule A), military spouse preference, Federal employees in excepted positions covered under an interchange agreement, and other eligible special hiring authorities (such as Peace Corps, Boren Fellows, etc.). This also includes applicants who previously held, or currently hold, this position and grade with the same promotion potential as announced for this 861952. For more information about special hiring authorities, visit: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp. You must provide qualifying documentation for a noncompetitive or special hiring authority.
Complete this section ONLY IF you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP). To be considered, you must be a surplus or displaced Federal employee as defined in the regulations, be applying for a vacancy at or below the grade level of the position from which you have been or are being separated (and with no greater promotion potential than your position), and be occupying or have been displaced from a position in the same local commuting area as the vacancy.
Note: To receive consideration for the CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation as specified in the vacancy announcement.
1. Select one statement from the choices below to show how you meet the qualification requirements for this position at the GS-13 grade level.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-12 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience must include activities such as 1) conducting logistics engineering analyses and propose solutions or courses of action for system and infrastructure sustainment; 2) identifying, assessing, tracking and mitigating programmatic risk to minimize impact on program execution; 3) participating in the development of project budgets, manage budget execution and report on budget status 4) providing consulting services in the development and evaluation of program plans and monitor progress toward meeting logistics plans. NOTE: Your resume must fully support your qualifications otherwise your eligibility may be affected.
KNOWLEDGE OF LOGISTICS ENGINEERING PRINCIPLES
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list A through E following each task that best describes your experience. Your resume must support your answers or your overall score may be lowered or considered ineligible.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Provide acquisition logistics subject matter expertise to IT Division programs to support development of comprehensive acquisition strategies and program plans.
3. Conduct logistics engineering analyses to propose solutions or courses of action for system and infrastructure sustainment.
4. Identify, assess, track and mitigate programmatic risk to minimize impact on program execution.
KNOWLEDGE OF FEDERAL ACQUISITION POLICES AND PROCESSES
5. Develop and execute an integrated logistics support plan for a given system, including identification of sustainment activities across all logistics elements.
6. Participate in the planning for a contracting strategy to provide sustainment support for IT infrastructure and systems.
7. Implement and manage execution of contracts to provide sustainment support for IT infrastructure and systems.
8. Lead or participate in cross-functional Integrated Project Teams responsible for planning and executing the sustainment of communications systems and infrastructure.
9. Participate in the development of project budgets, manage budget execution and report on budget status to ensure acquisition programs remain within fiscal constraints.
10. Implement and track program performance metrics to ensure program executing with schedule, technical, cost and risk baseline.
11. Communicate and report on status of logistics related projects to division leadership.
12. Participate in the development of programmatic documentation required to support program execution and oversight decision events.
13. Provide input to technical reports and communications in response to inquiries.