Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 09.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Writer/Editor, GS-1082-9.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Writer/Editor, GS-1082-11.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience requirements for Writer/Editor, GS-1082-12.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
4. Converts highly technical material into readable articles, pamphlets, and similar material written for health professionals or laymen.
5. Reviews media to distinguish between reliable and poor-quality information.
6. Writes communications that explain complex information in plain language.
7. Works in a research environment.
8. Gathers facts from FDA sources, other government agencies, or outside sources, and confers with experts to resolve conflicting opinions.
9. Conducts and/or participates in research, interviewing, fact-checking, organizing materials, and in conferences to determine editorial policy
10. Responsible for obtaining FDA approval of written material, including negotiation for changes within required time frames, and securing necessary clearances from FDA scientists and other personnel.
11. Questions, interviews and confers with others to obtain and verify information.
12. Develop and execute a comprehensive communications strategy for conveying information about program activities to various audiences.
13. Successfully completes assignments that require meticulous attention to detail.
14. Manages several projects independently and delivers qualify products in a timely and efficient manner.
15. Completes assignments under tight deadlines requiring accurate, timely and sound products and decisions
16. Works on a team or in collaboration with others to accomplish a work-related assignment including the processes for identifying tasks, procedures to complete the assignment.
17. Communicates information in an interesting and readable manner, appropriate to a particular audience.
18. Writes speeches and develops presentations for the Office Director, Deputy Office Director or other managerial staff.
19. Communicates orally and in writing with both internal and external customers.
20. Presents information, evaluates problems, and recommends solutions to management.
21. Provides advice to others on editorial and publications processes.
22. Responsible for writing, developing, and producing a newsletter for internal and external distribution.
23. Performs a variety of writing and editing assignments in support of Office programs.
24. Prepares and edits responses to Center and Agency policy documents and information articles dealing with controversial issues and highly technical material.
25. Uses correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax and required formats in writing and editing information for publication.
26. Reviews, comments on, and edits proposed written documents prepared by others to assure accuracy, clarity, conciseness, proper grammar and punctuation.
27. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.