Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 866535
Enter the lowest grade level (09-09) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience.
1. From the descriptions below, please choose the option that best describes the highest level of experience and/or education you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Budget Analyst work. Note: One year of specialized experience is based on a 40-hour work-week. If you have worked less than 40 hours per week, you must prorate your experience.A. I have at least one full-time year (12-months) of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service that included: monitoring and tracking obligations, expenditures, and allotments to determine if they are within funding limitations in the budget; developing and maintaining financial spreadsheets; preparing budget reports and financial updates for management; compiling, analyzing, and summarizing budgetary information; and operating an automated system to monitor and track purchases. (This experience must be clearly demonstrated in your resume).
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the list of responses below that best describes your experience and/or education. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Review and verify the accuracy of monthly invoices to ensure accurate billing information is recorded.
3. Ensure all transactions are supported by appropriate documentation and is available for audit review.
4. Determine appropriate procedures to use for obtaining goods and services.
5. Order good or service using required provider or source to meet requirement of an existing contract or small purchase procedure.
6. Maintain knowledge of current issues including policy or regulation changes that may impact financial operations.
7. Consolidate budgetary data from source documents such as purchase orders, accounting records, etc.
8. Develop and maintain financial spreadsheets for fiscal tracking and accountability.
9. Prepare budget reports on a regular basis to ensure compliance with regulatory accounting procedures.
10. Forecast expenditures and obligations in order to prepare for significant budgetary implications.
11. Ensure obligations and expenditures occur on a timely basis in accordance with the annual work plan and regulatory controls.
12. Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly financial reviews, spending plans, budget surveys, etc.
13. Analyze recorded accounting data for financial month end.
14. Monitor obligations, expenditures, reimbursements, and transfers through an automated accounting system.
15. Maintain control and records maintenance of the office work plan and appropriations.
16. Use electronic financial system for receipt and disbursement of funds for a variety of accounts.
17. Use purchase card to pay agency or similar bills.
18. Use an automated purchase card system to monitor and track purchase card charges.
19. Utilize electronic financial system for receipt and disbursement of funds for a variety of accounts.
20. Use an automated accounting system to retrieve and analyze information on trends, cost increases, and expenditures.
21. Prepare financial updates for management for appropriate actions.
22. Advise management of financial problems or issues and projects expenses.
23. Provide technical assistance, guidance, and instructions on requirements for budget requests.
24. Provide positive recommendations and alternative approaches to improve program budgeting plans.
25. Provide information on format and/or historical data to be used for budget submissions.
26. Prepare correspondence including justification for additional funds as necessary.
27. Formulate reviews pertaining to various financial and budgetary issues.
28. Prepare financial summaries for inclusion in reports.
29. Prepare financial updates for management.
30. Ensure that financial reports are prepared and submitted in accordance with established timeframes.