1. Please choose the best answer that demonstrates your background related to this position.A. I have a 4-year degree in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position (You must submit a copy of your transcript when applying).
2. Select the statement that describes how you meet the specialized experience requirement for this position at the GS-13 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or higher in the Federal service that included: 1)working with family assistance social service programs and providing technical guidance in the management of these programs; 2) coordinating services with grantees and/or other agencies at the Federal, State, local or Tribal government levels; and 3) interpreting and applying social services statutes, regulations and operating guidelines.
For each task in the following groups, choose ONE letter from the list below that best describe your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in this task.
3. Analyze Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and related social service program operations to identify inefficiencies in program management.
4. Provide State/Tribal temporary assistance for needy families (TANF) agencies/organizations with advice and assistance in establishing and implementing techniques to expand program services.
5. Plan and coordinate the implementation of new children and family assistance program initiatives.
6. Advise other staff on policy issues affecting State and/or Tribal performance and program issues.
7. Explain children and family assistance program requirements to grantees.
Advise grantees on all policy aspects of children and family assistance programs including State/Tribal program plans.
9. Provide guidance to grantees on developing implementation plans for new program requirements due to legislation and/or policy changes.
10. Interpret and explain Federal regulations, program policies and guidelines to staff in other Federal, State, local, and /or tribal government agencies.
11. Serve as team leader on projects in such areas as conducting program/policy reviews, surveys and/or studies relating to children and family social services.
12. Provide guidance to senior officials on children and family assistance policies to help with the development and maintenance of an effective State/Tribal program.
13. Communicate with other staff, financial operations and systems, as well as other staff from different divisions, Federal agencies, and/or community organizations to coordinate program initiatives.
14. Make recommendations based on the analysis of program issues to improve program operations.
15. Negotiate program implementation actions for new initiatives with grantees.
16. Develop comprehensive materials and strategies for use by State agencies and Tribes in correcting program deficiencies.
17. Develop work plans to carry out legislative initiatives that focus on improving the effectiveness of a children and family welfare assistance programs.
18. Assess grantees' performance relative to that of other grantees through program reviews and analysis of complex data from reports.