Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes the highest level of experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-0301-11, Executive Assistant work. (Note: One year of specialized experience is based on a 40-hour work week. If you have worked less than 40 hours per week, you must prorate your experience). Read each response carefully and select only one.A. I have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal Service or gained in the private sector analyzing the effectiveness of programs, policies, or procedures; establishing work plans and timelines for the completion of work tasks; writing technical reports documenting evaluation results and research findings; make recommendations to resolve problems or issues related to the completion of projects and assignments; and overseeing and coordinating administrative support functions.
2. From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes the highest level of experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-0301-12, Executive Assistant work. (Note: One year of specialized experience is based on a 40-hour work week. If you have worked less than 40 hours per week, you must prorate your experience). Read each response carefully and select only one.A. I have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal Service or gained in the private sector analyzing the effectiveness of programs, policies, or procedures; participating in the development of long and short range program planning; writing technical reports documenting evaluation results and research findings; make recommendations to resolve problems or issues related to the completion of projects and assignments; and managing special projects in support of national initiatives.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Coordinate responses for special information requested by staff members and committees of Congress, high level government, industry, and university officials.
4. Determine the need for personal interviews, meetings, or conference.
5. Provide advice and guidance on regulatory/procedural requirement, policies, expectations, and other legislative requirements.
6. Provide updates on projects at meetings.
7. Interact with others in a professional manner expressing the needs of the office.
8. Compose and edit letters following established organizational guidelines and templates.
9. Process incoming and outgoing materials such as correspondence, report, memoranda, and other related materials.
10. Develop responses to reviews for use by supervisor, senior staff of the office and other high level officials outside of the office.
11. Create various correspondence of a highly technical nature
12. Arrange meetings with senior staff ensuring reports and decision papers are distributed to the appropriate officials.
13. Develop and implement changes and the improvement to facilitate the work flow in the office.
14. Makes recommendations to senior staff involving arrangements for conference, workshops, publication, reports, appointment, or other request.
15. Keep the Chief of Staff appraised of all significant challenges and issues related to office operation and action items.
16. Use software application such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, database and/or graphics.
17. Maintain automated system of program, specific data to track correspondence workload.
18. Coordinate travel and ensures all necessary arrangements for travel, reservation, transportation and appointments are confirmed and processed.
19. Advise senior staff on operational matters and assist in policy formulation.
20. Provide senior staff with wide range of material and information such as pending legislation, Congressional Hearing, budget, and new programs.
21. Review and controls correspondence addressed to the senior staff and other important correspondence to high level officials.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form