This section includes items related to the basic eligibility requirements for this vacancy and are related to graduate program and internship accreditation by the American Psychological Association (APA). If you are unsure as to whether or not you attended a graduate program or participated in an internship that was accredited by the APA, please reference http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/programs/index.aspx for a list of programs and internships that have been accredited by the APA. Please select the response that best describes your education and/or internship status. You may only select one response for each item. If you feel that your education or internship status exceeds all of the descriptions, choose the description that is the closest to the level that you possess.
1. Which of the following best describes your doctoral education?A. I possess a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). The program was accredited at the time I completed the requirements for my degree. The specialty area of the degree is consistent with the assignment for which I am applying.
2. Which of the following best describes your internship status?A. I have completed a professional psychology internship that was accredited by the APA at the time I completed the internship.
Psychologists are required to hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia.
3. Do you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia?A. Yes
This section includes an item related to the experience requirement for this vacancy. Please select the response that best describes your level of experience. You may only select one response. If you feel that your experience exceeds all of the descriptions, choose the description that is the closest to the level of experience that you possess. If you are unsure as to whether or not you participated in an internship that was accredited by the APA, please reference http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/programs/index.aspx for a list of internships that have been accredited by the APA.
4. Do you possess the equivalent of at least one (1) year of post-doctoral experience equivalent in level and difficulty to a GS-12 in the Federal Service. Practice at the GS-12 level includes dignosing mental disorders, conducting psychiological and/or neuropsychiological assessements, treating mental disorders through a variety of modalities, and providing adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders.A. Yes
The following question pertains to your experience. In additional to meeting the basic requirement, GS-12 level, at least One (1) additional year of experience as a psychologist equivalent to the next lower grade level. In addition the candidate must demonstrate the following KSAs:
(b). Ability to carry out education and training in psychological principles, theories, methods, and techniques both to psychology trainees and to co-workers.
(c). Skill in working with multidisciplinary treatment teams.
(d). Ability to handle complex work assignments and ability to manage time appropriately when faced with demands from multiple sources.
(e). Ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and with varying levels of understanding.A. Yes
The following items are related to agency employment eligibility requirements. Please respond Yes or No to each of the following questions.
6. Are you a U.S. Citizen?A. Yes
7. Can you proficiently speak, read, write, and understand the English language?A. Yes
8. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates, and review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes
9. Applicants must undergo a pre-employment medical examination and be medically suitable to perform the essential duties of a Psychologist efficiently and without hazard to themselves and others. Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical examination?A. Yes
10. Prior to appointment or following appointment to a position you may be selected for random testing for illegal drug use. Are you willing to undergo urinalysis drug tests?A. Yes
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
11. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal Service (5 C.F. R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes