Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Respond to each of the following items. For each item, choose the response that best represents your highest level of experience and training. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume.
1. From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes your highest level of experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of a Maintenance Worker without more than normal supervision.A. I am able to perform simple tasks, but I know little or nothing about maintaining facilities.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. Ensure your resume supports the response you select.A- I know little or nothing about this task.
2. Identify the root causes of facility issues to develop potential solutions.
3. Plan station level projects to maintain daily operations of buildings.
4. Inspect plumbing to determine whether servicing is required.
5. Inspect heating and air conditioning to determine whether servicing is required.
6. Inspect electrical functioning to determine whether servicing is required.
7. Determine the need to hire outside contractor services for performing repairs.
8. Solicit quotes from outside contractors for performing repairs.
9. Supervise work performed by contractors to certify that all required actions have been completed.
10. Conduct interviews to select candidates for a patient worker program.
11. Direct a team of volunteers in snow removal or road salt spreading.
12. Use tools to troubleshoot mechanical problems.
13. Conduct inventories to maintain an operating level of supplies and materials.
14. Maintain a daily log of equipment being used or serviced.
15. Complete daily work orders to account for man-hours used.
16. Complete daily work orders to account for supplies and materials used.
17. Determine the most economical method for purchasing equipment, supplies, materials, and contracting services.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and documents you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period, or other disciplinary action, including termination. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verified that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
18. Failure to agree or respond to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. Select the most appropriate response below.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.