Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. Please review the position duties and job qualifications for an understanding of the position requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level defining the scope and level of detail for security plans and policies applicable to the security program; reviewing proposed new systems, networks and software designs for potential security risks; resolving integration issues related to the implementation of new systems with the existing infrastructure.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.
3. Knowledge of the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and how it drives security programs.
4. Conduct studies related to Information Technology Security tools and technologies.
5. Conduct Information Technology security evaluations, audits, and reviews.
6. Utilize knowledge or work experience of Information Technology Security related laws to complete work.
7. Apply information security policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of Information Technology customer support services.
8. Collaborate with senior managers, technical operations personnel, and employee and contractor teams to discuss and resolve complex technical and procedural information security matters.
9. Manage and direct activities in an Information Technology security program.
10. Initiate and sustain trusted senior level relationships.
11. Direct, establish, and implement Information Technology security policies.
12. Implement Information Technology security system policies.
13. Articulate orally and writing to individuals, high-level- officials and groups.
14. Utilize technical knowledge and work experience to conduct network vulnerability and risk assessments, identifying vulnerabilities.
15. Analyze Information Technology systems, operations, and management problems, devise solutions, make and present sound decisions, and gain acceptance of recommendations within a large, distribute enterprise.
16. Apply judgment and problem solving skills to Information Technology security issues.
17. Propose and implement effective solutions to resolve Information Technology systems and network security issues.
18. Assign work to subordinates or subordinate supervisors based on priorities, assignment requirements, and capabilities of the employees.
19. Serve as an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
20. Conduct system security evaluations of the purpose of maintaining state-of-the-art security controls throughout an organization.
21. Motivate people to accomplish work through technical directions and administrative oversight of others such as coaching, mentoring, team building, problem solving, and change management.
22. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.