Thank you for your interest in the Laboratory Operations Specialist (GS-0301-9) position at our Agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet qualification requirements of a Laboratory Operations Specialist, GS-0301-9 as described in the Qualification Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-9 level because I have completed a Master’s or equivalent graduate degree, or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or an LL.B. or J.D., if related.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment. Please respond yes or no to the following questions. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated. Failure to provide the required documents WILL render you not eligible for consideration.
1. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Employee – I am a current permanent Title 5 National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease employee.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent competitive career or career conditional Standard Form-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis.You may obtain a copy of your SF-50 from the eOPF Page.A. Yes
2. Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) -- I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position within the Department of Health and Human Services in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are considered well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.
For more information on CTAP, please visit OPM’s The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
1. Gather and coordinate financial data for the development of annual budget estimates.
2. Compare projected budget requirements with those of the previous year and provide comparative analysis.
3. Review and resolve discrepancies in accounting reports.
4. Ensure that budgets are prepared in accordance with established guidelines and regulations.
5. Compile statistical data on budgetary expenditures for an organization.
6. Develop cost estimate tracking procedures to minimize overspending.
7. Provide guidance on the use of purchase cards and the reconciliation process.
8. Explain organizational policies and procedures to new staff.
9. Ensure that action items are completed within established time frames.
10. Coordinate materials needed for site visits.
11. Prepare and approve travel requests and vouchers.
12. Prepare and review documentation for personnel actions that is complete and complies with policies and procedures.
13. Review performance plan to determine cash awards for compliance with policies, guidelines and procedures.
14. Utilize automated personnel systems to initiate and track personnel-related actions.
15. Track travel expenditures to determine when additional funds are required.
16. Analyze and organize biomedical information using standard search techniques and data bases (such as MEDLINE, etc.).
17. Locate scientific publications and information.
18. Identify and resolve issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature.
19. Perform standard statistical analyses of data.
20. Prepare tabulations and graphic presentations of data for inclusion in reports.
21. Categorize scientific publications for use by others.
22. Summarize scientific publications for use by others.
23. Prepare written cost data analyses for use in the formulation of annual budget requests.
24. Advise on administrative and personnel matters, policies, and procedures.
25. Resolve conflicts or exchange information with other offices.
26. Prepare written requests for additional project or program funding.
27. Prepare correspondence for the supervisor using proper grammar, spelling and format.
28. Provide perspective, advice and guidance regarding budget and administrative procedures.
29. Document and implement approved recommendations.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
30. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding “No” to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.