Please note that your answers may be verified against the information you provide in your resume/application and information your references provide. (Note: The quality, type, and scope of your experience and/or training must demonstrate that you are fully qualified to perform the duties of this position since your narrative application or resume must support the responses you select.) A copy of official transcripts MUST be submitted to document educational accomplishments.
1. From the description below, select the one response that best describes how your background meets the basic experience and/or education requirements for this GS-11 Supervisory Park Ranger (Protection) position. Read all the responses before making your selection. If you do not meet the requirements of this question or leave this question blank, you will be rated ineligible.A. I have at least one year of full-time specialized experience comparable in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower graded level (comparable to GS-09) in the Federal government that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of this position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience may include: Enforcing Federal laws and regulations relating to criminal activities such as: arson; illegal hunting and fishing; vandalism; harvesting of native plants and seeds; theft or destruction of archaeological resources; cultivation, sale, possession and use of controlled substances; traffic violations on roads, rivers, and lakes; trespassing; Developing law enforcement program goals, objectives, and work plans; Interacting and communicating with diverse individuals and groups; and delivering training to law enforcement personnel.
2. Management has certified that because this is a secondary law enforcement position, a MANDATORY REQUIREMENT exists requiring prior experience as a primary law enforcement officer. Please select the response below that best describes how you meet this requirement. (Screen out)A. I possess documented experience in a primary law enforcement position in the federal government (or equivalent) which included the following duties: investigating, apprehending, or detaining individuals suspected or convicted of offenses against criminal laws; or protecting officials against threats to personal safety.
3. I have at least a current EMT-B certification. (Screen out)A. Yes
4. I possess a wildland Fire Fighter certification (Red Card), FFT II. (Screen out).A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the1203 FX form. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Develop, assign and review the work of either temporary or permanent staff.
6. Develop performance standards and appraisals for either temporary or permanent.
7. Address performance and conduct issues for temporary or permanent staff.
8. Identify staff needs or problems and determine necessary action.
9. Recruit and hire tempory or permanent staff.
10. Identify regulatory and security issues and recommend and/or initiate corrective action.
11. Enforce Federal laws and regulations relating to criminal activities such as arson, illegal hunting, vandalism, harvesting of native plants and seeds, cultivation, sale, possession and use of controlled substances and traffic.
12. Request, present justification, and serve warrants for defendants who fail to appear in court.
13. Investigate violations of applicable federal or state laws including marijuana cultivation, wildlife crimes, larceny and other significant violations.
14. Manage search and rescue operations including high angle rescue, ground search and winter search and rescue.
15. Perform technical search and rescue work.
16. Provide EMT-B services to the ill and injured.
17. Plan and present training to law enforcement officers and other emergency responders in knowledge, physical skills, and techniques to maintain and improve their proficiency.
18. Represent the National Park Service's interests in formal and informal meetings with local community members.
19. Conducting minimum tool requirement analysis for wilderness activities.
20. Manage logistical support for wilderness patrol activities while enhancing Wilderness character.
21. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.