1. From the following description, please select the answer response that best describes your experience and qualifications for the Deputy Director, President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities (PCAH) position.
I possess 1 year of specialized experience in the arts and humanities equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the general schedule. Examples of specialized experience includes: planning and directing or planning and executing major professional arts and/or humanities programs which required extended research, planning, implementing and overseeing new and on-going programs, conducting high-level meetings and presentations of professional arts and humanities work of equal importance, difficulty, and responsibility.
2. Select the response that most closely reflects your highest level of education in the field of humanities or the arts.A. I possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a Humanities or Art related field.
Knowledge of the arts and/or humanities, including public policy and practices, practitioners, organizations and institutions in the field.
For each task in all of the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Strengthen organizational effectiveness of the arts and/or humanities through close partnership with key stakeholders.
4. Coordinate an organization's involvement with or between federal and cultural organizations, e.g., government agencies, advocacy groups, museums, libraries, historical organizations.
5. Perform research on the current state of public arts and/or humanities programs and issues, including education, cultural diplomacy, creative economy and funding.
6. Administer and evaluate programs related to the humanities and/or arts.
7. Plan and organize conferences, events or other public functions attended by organizations/individuals having different philosophies or goals.
8. Create and/or oversee partnerships supported by a combination of public and private funding sources.
9. Develop strategic plans to execute change management across organizational components.
10. Liaison between multiple entities to initiate legal agreements and facilitate amendments and processing of contracts and other documents as necessary.
11. Develop and manage budget and procurement planning for organization and program activities.
12. Assess program operations to determine the effectiveness of established plans and procedures.
13. Provide recommendations regarding cost and benefits to achieve an effective and efficient use of funds.
14. Monitor and comply with federal or state policies relating to ethics, reporting, legal requirements, contracts and financial statements
15. Supervise staff and manage human resource functions, e.g. hiring, awarding, disciplining, conflict resolution, assigning tasks, timekeeping, and performance evaluation.
16. Lead instructional discussions with personnel to resolve problems impacting operations.
17. Serve as a spokesperson to communicate organizational positions on projects.
18. Serve as a liaison to a diverse group of stakeholders, partners, agencies, and interested parties.
19. Advocate, defend, clarify, negotiate and justify recommendations.
20. Present formal briefings to high-level leaders or Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to obtain buy-in of program initiatives.
21. Engage with and cultivate relationships with members of the media to obtain and inform coverage of an organization's programs or activities.
22. Provide oral briefings at high-level meetings.
23. Interface with project stakeholders to reduce resistance to change.
24. Advise on unusual, complex and/or controversial problems.
25. Cultivate relationships and partnerships with potential sponsors to ensure program success.
26. Compose briefings, reports, and other types of correspondence in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
27. Prepare correspondence to advocate, defend, clarify, negotiate and justify recommendations.
28. Write policy and/or procedural guidance.
29. Provide status reports on assigned projects.
30. Write grant proposals or other proposals for funding.
31. Write prepared remarks and talking points for others to deliver.
32. As noted in the vacancy announcement, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
* Understand this warning;
* Have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and
* Verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.