Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Supervisory IT Project Manager
Enter the lowest grade level (14-14) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select the Occupational Specialty Code (OSC) that identifies how you would like to receive consideration for this position. The OSC for this position is 001 Competitive (All U.S. Citizens).
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in the Supervisor Information Technology Project Manager position with the Department of Justice.
We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Select the one statement that best describes the IT-related experience you possess that demonstrates each of the four competencies necessary to perform the work of this position.A. I have IT related experience that demonstrates possession of each of the four competencies: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving. My experience includes the following: review business requirements of customer organizations; work with other departments to establish priorities for IT projects; provide advice on and devise solutions to a wide range of IT issues; and evaluate the effectiveness of installed systems and services.
2. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Supervisor Information Technology Project Manager work at the GS-14 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates my skill in, and ability to 1) lead and/or manage IT systems development projects from design to support; 2) collect and analyze IT system data to assess and optimize existing enterprise architecture; 3) coordinate the installation, configurations, initialization, and maintenance for IT projects; and 4) develop design specifications for a major module or component of a new or enhanced software system.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experiences you have had that related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the response descriptions listed below. For each question or statement, select the one response description that best describes your experience, education, or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Plan and schedule ongoing production-oriented work on a quarterly and annual basis, or direct assignments of similar duration.
4. Adjust staffing levels or work procedures within the organizational unit(s) to accommodate resource allocation.
5. Improve work methods and procedures used to produce work products.
6. Oversee the development of technical data, estimates, statistics, suggestions, and other information used by higher level managers in determining which goals and objectives to emphasize.
7. Decide the methodologies to use in achieving work goals and objectives, and in determining other management strategies.
8. Supervise and lead a diverse workforce.
9. Apply emerging technologies and their applications to business processes.
10. Develop strategies that govern the planning and delivery of IT contractual services.
11. Design IT systems to meet current and future business requirements.
12. Implement plans for new business processes, methods and techniques for the organization.
13. Review data systems and analysis of the full-scope of contractual services.
14. Ensure compatibility with overall study objectives and schedules are adhered to.
15. Review information systems security plans and procedures for compliance with Federal laws, regulations, policies and standards.
16. Evaluate the principles, methods, and techniques of information and technology project planning and management.
17. Monitor the principles, methods, and techniques of information and technology project planning and management.
18. Evaluate client information systems needs to define the project scope, requirements, and deliverables.
19. Develop long-range objectives and milestones for IT projects involving mission-oriented programs.
20. Design cost-benefit studies outlining the most efficient use of human capital and material resources at the lowest cost.
21. Manage IT projects that include large-scale enterprise resource planning.
22. Conduct business process analyses and studies relating to information and technology programs using methodologies, analytical tools, and practices.
23. Develop alternative solutions to develop the most cost effective business solutions.
24. Identify standards needed to implement change management and control processes.
25. Resolve unusual demands caused by economic restraints.
26. Monitor off-site IT services contracted out to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
27. Analyze organizational and operational problems and develop solutions.
28. Keep contracting officer informed of progress with contract modifications, proposals and extensions.
29. Provide technical advice and recommendations to management officials concerning critical IT issues.
30. Present briefings to senior management officials concerning controversial issues.
31. Communicate to staff policy, technical, and administrative matters involving the management of information and technology programs.
32. Prepare briefings to senior management officials concerning controversial issues.
33. Communicate technical requirements (i.e. policies, plans, procedures and guides) to non-technical personnel.
34. Incorporate findings affecting program operations, into reports, proposals and project plans.
35. Write policy, technical and administrative documents involving the management of information and technology programs.
36. Coordinate work efforts of technical personnel in conducting business systems analyses and studies.
37. Collaborate with team members to integrate study results received into comprehensive technical briefings, reports and papers.
38. Maintain cooperative working relationships with management, peers, contractors and other stakeholders.
39. Develop cooperative working relationships with management, peers, contractors, subordinates and other stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds at various organizational levels.
40. Your responses to this Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your answers. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may result in your score being adjusted negatively, disqualification from consideration or dismissal from employment following acceptance.
Please review your answers to ensure accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
- understand this warning
- have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy,
- verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of education (if applicable), experience and capability and,
- your application includes all of the required documents needed to verify you meet the time in grade requirements, competitive status, and the area of consideration.
Failure to agree to the statement below (answer A) will withdraw your application. You WILL NOT be considered for this position.