Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Enter the lowest grade (00) you will accept for this position.
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
The following are requirements for appointment as a psychologist in the Veterans Health Administration (VHA). Psychologists engage in professional and scientific work which relates to behavior, capacities, traits, interests, and emotions. These requirements apply to all VHA psychologists in the GS-180 series, including those assigned to VA medical centers, Community-based Outpatient Clinical (CBOCs), Vet Centers, Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) offices, the VHA National Center for Organizational Development and VHA Central Office. This work may include any one or a combination of the following: providing professional clinical services, conducting research, carrying out education and training activities, clinical consultation, supervision, and administration.
The basic requirements for employment as a VHA psychologist are prescribed by: Public Law 96-151 codified in Title 38, U.S.C. § 7402. To qualify for appointment, all applicants for the position of psychologist in VHA must meet the following:
The following question pertains to your citizenship.
1. Are you a Citizen of the United States?A. Yes
The following question pertains to your education.
2. Do you have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) AND have you successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA? The specialty area of the degree must be consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed.A. Yes
Psychologists are required to hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia. This requirement may be waived for a period not to exceed 2 years from the date of employment on the condition that such a psychologist provide care only under the supervision of a psychologist who is so licensed. Non-licensed psychologists who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements may be given a temporary appointment as a graduate psychologist. Failure to obtain licensure during that period is justification for termination of the appointment.
3. Do you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia?A. Yes
The following question pertains to the physical requirements for this position.
4. Applicants must be willing to successfully complete a pre-employment physical, including the possibility of a drug screen. Are you willing to take a pre-employment physical, including the possibility of a drug screen?A. Yes
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. Psychologist must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
5. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
In addition to the basic requirements for employment, the following criteria must be met when determining the grade of candidates. Final grade determination will be made by the Psychologist Professional Standards Board. To be creditable, experience must be post-doctoral degree and must have required the use of knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics associated with current professional psychology practice. Creditable post-doctoral degree experience can be obtained through employment as a psychologist or through participating in a supervised post-doctoral psychology training program. This may be evidenced by an active professional practice, which means paid/non-paid employment as a professional psychologist and/or a full, current, and unrestricted license. Please select the response that best describes your level of experience. You may only select one response. If you feel that your experience exceeds all of the descriptions, choose the description that is the closest to the level of experience that you possess. If you are unsure as to whether or not you participated in an internship that was accredited by the APA, please reference http://www.apa.org/ed/accreditation/programs/index.aspx for a list of internships that have been accredited by the APA.
6. Select the response below that best describes your experience, training, and/or licensure level.A. GS-11: I possess the equivalent of at least 1 year of experience gained through a professional psychology internship accredited by the APA. Practice at this level includes diagnosing mental disorders, conducting psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments, treating mental disorders through a variety of modalities, and providing adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
7. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
REMINDER- you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
CV or Resume
VA Form 10-2850c (Application for Associated Health Occupations)
Copy of college transcript reflecting your doctoral degree in Psychology.
If current or former Federal employee, submit a copy of your most recent SF-50b, Notification of Personnel Action, that shows your position title, series, grade, step, salary and tenure group.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION REMINDER-You must submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicant's claiming 10-Point preference must also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage).