Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees in excepted service positions who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Your responses to this questionnaire, in conjunction with the other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in determining your eligibility and qualifications for this position. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your resume, transcripts, or other application materials and information provided by your references.
1. This position is located in Frederick, MD. Relocation expenses are not authorized and will not be paid for this position. If you reside outside of the local area and are selected, you will need to relocate at your own expense. Do you agree to this condition? Failure to respond to this item will result in an ineligible rating.A. I agree to this condition.
This section will be used to determine if you possess the experience and/or education needed to meet the basic qualification requirements of this position. Failure to respond to this question will result in an ineligible rating.
2. From the descriptions below, select the response which best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for this position. NOTE: Your transcripts or SF-50's must fully support the response you select.A. I have successfully completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, in any field, from an accredited institution of higher education. I have included copies of my transcripts with my application package to support this response.
3. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes how you meet the additional qualification requirements for this position at the GS-9 grade level. NOTE: Your resume and/or transcripts must fully support the response you select.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience procuring supplies or services, equivalent to at least the GS-07 level, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems in the Federal government. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, but must demonstrate that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by performing duties such as: procuring supplies or services through formal advertising; evaluating proposals; and monitoring contractor progress.
4. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes how you meet the additional qualification requirements for this position at the GS-11 grade level. NOTE: Your resume and/or transcripts must fully support the response you select.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience procuring supplies or services, equivalent to at least the GS-09 level, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems in the Federal government. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, but must demonstrate that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by performing duties such as: initiating contracts for supplies, services, or equipment; developing procurement plans; and monitoring contract administration until final delivery.
5. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes how you meet the additional qualification requirements for this position at the GS-12 grade level. NOTE: Your resume must fully support the response you select.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience procuring supplies or services, equivalent to at least the GS-11 level, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems in the Federal government. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector, but must demonstrate that it is comparable to the GS grade indicated. Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by performing duties such as: receiving and evaluating proposals for responsiveness to specifications; conducting negotiations for procurements; monitoring contractor performance in relation to the completion schedule; and issuing change orders after negotiating settlements for changes or terminating contracts.
6. A Federal Acquisition Certification - Contracting (FAC-C) or industry equivalent contract management certification is highly desired and expected to significantly enhance performance in this position. From the choices below, please select the statement that best applies to you.A. I currently hold a FAC-C Level II or industry equivalent contract management certification or I have completed all the requirements for FAC-C Level II certification (i.e., all required courses, experience level, and 80 hours of training within the last 2 years). Note: If you select this answer, you must provide a copy of your FAC-C or equivalent contract management certification, a copy of your contracting warrant, and/or contracting training certificate(s), as applicable.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list A through E following each task that best describes your experience and/or training. Your resume must support your answers or your overall score may be lowered or considered ineligible.A- I have not had education, training or experience in this task.
7. Determine the most appropriate acquisition strategy and contracting method type for procurement.
8. Write and publicize a request for proposal.
9. Review, comment, correct, update, and award contract actions for supplies or services.
10. Provide guidance to others concerning procurement of supplies or services.
11. Interpret and apply contracting laws and regulations to requirement issues.
12. Resolve problems such as delivery and acceptance disputes.
13. Evaluate proposals to ensure that awards are within applicable laws and regulations.
14. Evaluate and approve/disapprove special payments on fixed-price contracts.
15. Evaluate contract price proposals to determine best value.
16. Serve as a primary cost/price negotiator for contract actions.
17. Negotiate costs/prices and terms and conditions with contractors.
18. Analyze and evaluate contractor price/cost proposals for new procurements.
19. Negotiate terms and conditions of a contract.
20. Recommend revisions to the statement of work or specifications.
21. Create schedules for contract milestones.
22. Develop a procurement plan for contracts.
23. Perform purchases that have a relatively small dollar value (under $ 150,000) using well-established acquisition procedures such as the Simplified Acquisition Procedures (SAP).
24. Negotiate changes to existing contract(s), purchase order(s), task order(s) and/or modification(s).
25. Ensure that the contract claims have been satisfied.
26. Cancel a contract due to non-performance by the contractor.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and documents you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period, or other disciplinary action, including termination. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verified that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
27. Failure to agree or respond to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. Select the most appropriate response below.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my response to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.