1. Please choose the response that best describes your level of experience as it relates to the work of an Emergency Management Analyst at the GS-12 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-11 level or greater (or equivalent in other pay systems) that provided me with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of this position. This specialized experience should include: (1) collaborating in studies of management or administrative programs to improve preparedness/readiness program activities; (2) researching sensitive issues, such as operational readiness; (3) compiling data into reports, and developing SOPs, plans and instructions; (4) briefing management on a variety of confidential matters pertaining to administrative operations.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had the education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Assist in coordinating and monitoring organizational actions in support of Continuity of Operations (COOP).
3. Brief and train others regarding emergency management programs.
4. Provide administrative and technical guidance related to the principles, concepts, policies and directives of the emergency management program.
5. Develop internal procedures, guidelines and briefings regarding emergency management programs.
6. Perform Watch Officer functions, such as monitoring organizational situations, local and throughout U.S., for operational and preparedness capability.
7. Provide emergency and contingency logistics.
8. Coordinate with other site staff to determine and report the overall operational readiness of an organization/department.
9. Provide advice and guidance on a broad array of issues requiring organizational input or support within the organization.
10. Serve as program lead on an organizational initiative that was worked by you from beginning thru end.
11. Provide project management, strategic planning, operational plans, quantitative and qualitative analysis
12. Adapt principles and techniques to solve unique emergency management issues.
13. Solve emergency management problems without precedent and established procedures.
14. Gather and analyze data to assess and communicate operational readiness of an organization.
15. Maintain control of action correspondence, including performing follow-up action.
16. Provide a range of analytical methods and techniques for planning, analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of current work systems, processes and procedures which resulted into improved efficiencies, best practices and productivity.
17. Conduct and present briefings on internal procedures, guidelines, orientations, and customer service to support the organization.
18. Respond to inquiries and requests for information or action from various sources.
19. Coordinate with others to obtain necessary information.
20. Research and develop timely written replies to requests for information.
21. Ensure that intelligence, incident reports and communiqués are logged and forwarded to appropriate personnel.
22. Prepare reports with accurate information and correct style, format, grammar, and spelling.
23. Develop and publish Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), plans, detailed instructions, meeting documentation, and lesson learned critiques.
24. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes